LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be buyin the stuff to bag my burban shortly and i need to know if i can use 3/4" valves for inflate and 1/2"for dump i need to be able to adjust it easily cause it will be my daily for a little while .will this be the best way? dodo this can i just put adapters on the tank or is there something else to do this.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
you can use anything you want to dump and anything to pump psi ratings need to be followed you can lock up a dump valve if you are running a higher rated up valve not common unless running high pressure but you can get mufflers for the dump and put an extra fitting with a lil piece of the d.o.t. line out the dump reducer fittings

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if i got all1\2 and did what you said about just making the line off the dump smaller it ould work right.then couldnt i run it to outside my truck so i dont have tohear it inside.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
BeerMonkey,

I was worried about the same thing as you. I have been told that with a 1/2" system running 150psi it will raise/dump quickly. You can fit restrictor valves on the dump solenoids to slow things down a bit, so that your car doesn't crash to the ground :0

216rider has fitted smaller outlets to his dump solenoids to slow it down a bit. He has more restriction on the front - I think because of the car's weight distribution. He also has a video clip somewhere that you can download and it shows his car in action on an all-1/2" system running 175psi.

He'll probably read this quite soon and give you some proper advice.

:)

·
Registered
856 Posts
i use 3/8 all theway around and its fast. just remember you can slow it down easier then speed it up.maybe try 1/2 being its a burban, you can always reduce them down.

·
Registered
558 Posts
yeah I'd say 3/8s up and 1/2 down, cuz yesterday i b umped my setup up to 240 to hop it and I had a hard time getting the bitch to come down fast enough, as for raise it gets right up, but my next step is going 1/2 all the way around instead of 3/8's valves

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i use 1/2 front 3/8 back for weight cuz back isd freakin light and in front i put ball valves on the dumps to fully open if i want to show off or to slow it down if i don't want to worry about it and just daily driving but i have to have slowdowns cuz frame is freakin heavy an car lays it to the ground and makes a big boom

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
smaller drops or reducer bushings?

either way will work.

I'm sure 3/8 valves are cheaper than 1/2's... so thats something to consider..

but on a burban, I would definately go with at least 1/2" ups

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 31 2003, 04:55 PM
smaller drops or reducer bushings?

either way will work.

I'm sure 3/8 valves are cheaper than 1/2's... so thats something to consider..

but on a burban, I would definately go with at least 1/2" ups
yea true the front of a surburban is big and heavy so 1/2 is good enuff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts