LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Site Administrator
Joined
·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fleetwood sometimes blows the power mirror fuse when I wash it. I guess I need to get in the mirrors and start looking for bare wires or something. The weird thing though is that when that fuse is blown or out the car does really weird things. It will randomly start beeping like you've left either the headlights on or left your keys in the ignition with the door open but it doesn't matter if the door is open or not. Also the interior dome lights will either stay on forever after you close the door or turn off as usual and then decide to come back on 10 or 20 minutes later and the power windows stop working altogether. As soon as I put a new fuse in for the power mirrors everything starts working great again and goes back to normal.

I really doubt all that is suppose to happen when a fuse is out so does that mean I've got some much more serious electrical problem hiding in the background?
 

·
TDMMC
Joined
·
10,886 Posts
Originally posted by LayItLow@Sep 3 2005, 06:57 AM~3744639
My Fleetwood sometimes blows the power mirror fuse when I wash it. I guess I need to get in the mirrors and start looking for bare wires or something. The weird thing though is that when that fuse is blown or out the car does really weird things. It will randomly start beeping like you've left either the headlights on or left your keys in the ignition with the door open but it doesn't matter if the door is open or not. Also the interior dome lights will either stay on forever after you close the door or turn off as usual and then decide to come back on 10 or 20 minutes later and the power windows stop working altogether. As soon as I put a new fuse in for the power mirrors everything starts working great again and goes back to normal.

I really doubt all that is suppose to happen when a fuse is out so does that mean I've got some much more serious electrical problem hiding in the background?
With those Caddys sometimes they hold a code in the ECM,try with the fuse in disconnect the NEG bat cable for about 1 to 2 minutes.Then connect and try it out.If it happens again we will have to count codes. ;)
 

·
Site Administrator
Joined
·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by UCE-ORLANDO@Sep 4 2005, 01:08 AM~3748580
With those Caddys sometimes they hold a code in the ECM,try with the fuse in disconnect the NEG bat cable for about 1 to 2 minutes.Then connect and try it out.If it happens again we will have to count codes. ;)
My battery is pretty much shot so I wonder if that has something to do with it. If I leave the car without starting it for more than 24 hours it doesn't have enough juice to start it. I'll have to get a new battery and see if it makes any difference. I also have a 2nd PCM for the different size wheels so I guess I could try swapping that in too if the battery doesn't fix it.
 

·
TDMMC
Joined
·
10,886 Posts
Originally posted by LayItLow@Sep 4 2005, 07:38 AM~3749344
My battery is pretty much shot so I wonder if that has something to do with it. If I leave the car without starting it for more than 24 hours it doesn't have enough juice to start it. I'll have to get a new battery and see if it makes any difference. I also have a 2nd PCM for the different size wheels so I guess I could try swapping that in too if the battery doesn't fix it.
Yea get a new batt first ;)
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top