LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1979 El camino I'd like to know when strapping the frame what part of the frame needs to be strapped. Even thow I know having it rapped would be the best way to go, I'm just posing nothng too crazy, eventually 3 wheel pause. what is considered as sterss points.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
i would recomend welding 1/4" plate down the outsides of the ENTIRE length of the frame... thats just my opinion... cause wherever the plating stops is where the stress always starts

·
Registered
970 Posts
YO WUT UP GUYS 77 MONTE,HOPPIN S10 U GOTTA BE NICE ! WERE ALL FROM N.Y WE GOTTA GET UP ONE TIME AND RIDE OUT SUMMER 2004! PEACE OUT AND STAY COOOOL! ,KREWL :cool:

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by seyah@Dec 9 2003, 09:58 PM
I have a 1979 El camino I'd like to know when strapping the frame what part of the frame needs to be strapped. Even thow I know having it rapped would be the best way to go, I'm just posing nothng too crazy, eventually 3 wheel pause. what is considered as sterss points.
the crossmember are really weak on those frames along with the rearhumps and every part that's c-channel.

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by 77monte4pumps@Dec 9 2003, 01:02 PM
i would recomend welding 1/4" plate down the outsides of the ENTIRE length of the frame... thats just my opinion... cause wherever the plating stops is where the stress always starts
beter make that 3/8 and do the k member like bad ass says and do the rear end and the rear arches for sure man do the whole damn frame do it the right way and do it once there is a wrapped frame topic in post your rides check it out lots of pics etc good luck

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY+Dec 10 2003, 02:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BIGTONY @ Dec 10 2003, 02:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--77monte4pumps@Dec 9 2003, 01:02 PM
i would recomend welding 1/4" plate down the outsides of the ENTIRE length of the frame...  thats just my opinion... cause wherever the plating stops is where the stress always starts
beter make that 3/8 and do the k member like bad ass says and do the rear end and the rear arches for sure man do the whole damn frame do it the right way and do it once there is a wrapped frame topic in post your rides check it out lots of pics etc good luck[/b][/quote]
yep.. i agree... check out the post pics of wrapped frames topic... :biggrin:

i just mentioned doing only the sides for someone who is on a budget... or has limited resources :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by HoppinS10@Dec 9 2003, 02:05 PM
Oh shut up Matt you dont have a clue what you are talking about

Just kiddin
hhaha i read that before lookin at who posted and was like "WTF!!!"

hahah

maybe i dont know what im talking about... :ugh: :dunno:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by 77monte4pumps@Dec 9 2003, 03:02 PM
i dissagree with your statement..''wherever the plate stopps the stress begins'' this is false.. even though u have plate reinforcement.. you will always have the same amount of stress in the same areas.. the reiforecement simply makes the frame able to handle it..

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker+Dec 10 2003, 09:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nissanminitrucker @ Dec 10 2003, 09:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--77monte4pumps@Dec 9 2003, 03:02 PM
i would recomend welding 1/4" plate down the outsides of the ENTIRE length of the frame...  thats just my opinion... cause wherever the plating stops is where the stress always starts
i dissagree with your statement..''wherever the plate stopps the stress begins'' this is false.. even though u have plate reinforcement.. you will always have the same amount of stress in the same areas.. the reiforecement simply makes the frame able to handle it..[/b][/quote]
i agree with what your saying but basically you knew what i meant... the fact is where you stop reinforcing is gonna be the first place most likely to break or bend..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts