LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't have a reagular charger yeat and i was looking at a street charger. i currently have 2 pumps running a #11 gear in the front and #9 in the rear. i have one bay of 48 volts but imma build another rack to house another bay of 48. the batteries are also starter batteries and not deep cycle. this is going in my daily which i don't play with the switches 2 much but my concern is that my front pump would draw a lot of current offa the batteries and would this in effect shorten the life of a street charger or eventually burn it up? i've heard they are pretty good about warranties and what not. i read up on the website but didn't find anything to the effect of if the street charger could put out enough power to put up with a higher powered pump. anyone out there with a street charger got a high powered pump?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Street Chargers turn off when you use your pumps. So your not drawing the amps through them. They only take a maximum of 40 amps from your car electricity, and converts it to the voltage you ordered. But remember there charge is only about 2 amps, and is a floating trickle. Meaning it slowly gets lower as the batts charge. Id still invest in a decent home charger.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well on there site it says they are like a regular charger until the batts are full and THEN they go on trickle. would be nice if someone knew how many amps they put out in regular charge mode. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts