LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okkkk my battery charger is slow.. i mean ass slow.. with 4batts doing one at a time, ,i think it will be taking me about a full day to charge them all up.. hell it might even take longer... sorry for the typos im on a different computer then i usually use and the keyboard is different... should i get a street charger to charge them all when i drive? or should i just get a new battery charger that can charge my 4batteries at once... whats the pricec differencec? what ones better to have? leme know everyone your the experts im new to this stuff

·
Registered
68 Posts
heres the deal!!.... get a street charger 2 but ur still gonna need ur reg. charger ....a street charger only maintains ur batteries so over night ur batteries go low so ull have to charge them a little during the day befor u start hittin switches ....hope i helped :cool:

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Originally posted by gothydros@Sep 24 2003, 01:15 PM
heres the deal!!.... get a street charger 2 but ur still gonna need ur reg. charger ....a street charger only maintains ur batteries so over night ur batteries go low so ull have to charge them a little during the day befor u start hittin switches ....hope i helped :cool:
you sure, i've heard you dont have to charge them at all...

·
Registered
808 Posts
Originally posted by HiLow+Sep 24 2003, 12:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HiLow @ Sep 24 2003, 12:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gothydros@Sep 24 2003, 01:15 PM
you sure, i've heard you dont have to charge them at all...[/b][/quote]
you dont, a street charger charges ur batts 24/7,i got 1 and its well worth the $ :thumbsup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
no no no. the street charger is the way to go. Before i bought my optimas i had some old used deep cycles that had to be charged everyday. Then i threw a street charger on there and i always had juice, well unless my truck sat for like a week. But anyway my point is this, I haven't charged my optimas in over a year. the batts are always topped off and my switches are happy snappy!
Some people say the street charger isn't for people that are switch happy or like to hop. I like my switches and i hit them often, I have never had a problem.

·
Registered
839 Posts
street chargers are the way to go i dont think u gotta regularly charge your batts but there might be a time or two youll have too street charger keep them charged but when u really drain them itll take a long time to get them back up unless u put a charger on them a street charger is just like a trinkle charge with a voltage meter its great though then u really know where there at ;)

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I HAVE ONE AS WELL...CHARGE BATTERIES HOOK STREET CHARGER UP AND YOUR SET 24/7 UNLESS YOU DRAIN THEM REALLY LOW AND THAT PUTS A LOT OF STRESS ON THE sc...DEF WORTH THE MONEY AND VERY NICE PEOPLE AT WOCHTRONICS..STREETCHARGER.COM

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ok I know where to get one now, if i have the ability to install a head unit is the street charger something i could do myself. ??

·
Registered
913 Posts
according to the guy at street charger.... you can do it yourself. i'm getting mine real soon. :confused: chrome or blue..... c h r o m e or b l u e :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by Jinx64@Mar 2 2006, 10:46 AM~4959211
according to the guy at street charger.... you can do it yourself. i'm getting mine real soon.  :confused:  chrome or blue.....  c h r o m e  or  b l u e  :dunno:
good question cuz i got the same prob, my ride is blue but dont know if it would look better in chrome. Im assuming the unit goes in the the trunk in which case i would probably say chrome becuase 1. you dont know if the sade of blue is even gonna match and 2. chrome will match my pumps and 3. chrome always looks good. but hey, what do i know....

·
Registered
904 Posts
how much does tha street charger run???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts