LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

street charger problems

938 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  smkweeddaily 
#1 ·
PART 1

ok i have a street charger like 4 half a year and was very sad on the results i had it would let my batteries get low. I would always charge them and hope the charger would keep them charge. but no luck in two weeks they would be low again. Now remember i drive my car daily to work i say 20 miles a day some times it would be more.

PART 2

I been having problems with my alternator not keeping up with my radio and all. So i change from a 60 AMP to 140AMP altornator and just yesterday got a new red top optima battery and still my bass will cut of on a red light. So i was thinking i am currently running 3 AMPS and the street charger. So i was thinking am i over working my altornator with all these products????????????????????????

SO HERE IS THE SAD PART I WENT TO GO DISCONNECT MY STREET CHARGER FROM THE FUSE HOLDER TO SEE IF IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE ON THE WAY THE ALTORNATOR WILL WORK. TO MY SUPRISE WHEN I UNSCREW THE FUSE HOLDER THERE WAS NO FUSE. SO HOW IS THE STREET CHARGER GOING TO CHARGE WHEN THERE IS NO WAY OF THE CURRENT GOING TO THE BATTERIES.

ALL THIS TIME CHARGING THINKING I WASTED 400 DOLLARS FOR NOTHING. :uh: :uh: :uh:

See less See more
#3 ·
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix@Nov 9 2003, 11:58 AM
the question is does the street charger work now?
i am going to charge them on monday and then i will find out

#4 ·
what kind of batteries are you running?

cc

#5 ·
Yo for your stereo problem buy yourself a big ass
suppersor cap and put it in line with your bass amp
this way it won't put a drain on your battery and
alternator. What it does is stores the 12volts
from the battery so when your bass amp pumps
it will always be seeing 12 volts will never cut
off an on again.I had the same problem maybe 6
years ago when I did a t-bird with 18" sub in
a box with a hifonics colossus amp it would
cut on and off I put the cap in line and the problem
went away. Good luck you can get this cap at any high
end stereo spot.

Last edited by smkweeddaily at Nov 10 2003, 08:32 AM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.