LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever use them? was just lookin at the site and was thinking of adding a charger in the spring. i like that they have a voltage meter on there and they say it comes with carlings :cheesy:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by maniak2005@Dec 3 2008, 08:43 PM~12326999
anybody ever use them? was just lookin at the site and was thinking of adding a charger in the spring. i like that they have a voltage meter on there and they say it comes with carlings :cheesy:
mine only had 4 carlings and that was the 3 prongs :( ......just a little over priced far as im concerned

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i seen that it was expensive.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it has to be runing for it to charge the batts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by maniak2005@Dec 4 2008, 09:07 AM~12332320
yes it has to be runing for it to charge the batts
not neccasarily running,just powered up....i had a 72v streetcharger that i think was a waste of money!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I have two for sale.... they work good if you drive the vehicle (under load)

Just starting your car and letting it idle will not charge them the way you want...

·
Registered
13,097 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by clairfbeeIII@Dec 4 2008, 09:18 AM~12332349
I have two for sale.... they work good if you drive the vehicle (under load)

Just starting your car and letting it idle will not charge them the way you want...
being under load has NOTHING to do with it.
it will if you leave it on long enough........and again the car does not need to be started.
all it is ,is a battery operated battery charger.which is way overpriced and far from worth it when the 1072 charger is so cheap and reliable ........

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by clairfbeeIII@Dec 4 2008, 09:50 AM~12332428
I disagree..
WITH WHAT PART?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Dec 4 2008, 09:33 AM~12332390
being under load has NOTHING to do with it.
it will if you leave it on long enough........and again the car does not need to be started.
all it is ,is a battery operated battery charger, which is way overpriced<span style=\'color:blue\'> and far from worth it when the 1072 charger is so cheap and reliable</span>
RED IS FACT BLUE IS OPINION :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Dec 4 2008, 10:20 AM~12332544
WITH WHAT PART?
well your right it dosent have to be runing but if its not runing you will kill your front (main) battery in about a 1/2 hr or so. but if your swanging hard it wont keep up. but if you drive alot and are easy on the switch it will do just fine. because its charge rate is only like 3-4 amps i think. it pulls up to 40. its a tricle charger while you drive. so it would depend on how you are on the switch.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by maniak2005@Dec 4 2008, 04:18 PM~12335403
well your right it dosent have to be runing but if its not runing you will kill your front (main) battery in about a 1/2 hr or so. but if your swanging hard it wont keep up. but if you drive alot and are easy on the switch it will do just fine. because its charge rate is only like 3-4 amps i think. it pulls up to 40. its a tricle charger while you drive. so it would depend on how you are on the switch.
I KNOW HOW IT WORKS IVE OWNED THEM,AND THINK ABOUT HOW LONG IT TAKES TO CHARGE AT 2 AMPS WITH A 1072.TAKES FOREVER AND THATS THE WAY THE STREETCHARGER WORKS TOO,DONT HIT THE SWITCH AND DRIVE FOR 4 OR 5 HOURS AND YOU MIGHT ALMOST START TO GET A CHARGE WORTH TALKING ABOUT ;)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
It will say its charging if you have the ignition key on... but its not really charging the batteries.
They assume your driving your car when the ignition is on (should never assume)

They have it on there webpage and many people get confused on how they work... They turn on when your vehicles ignition is in the on position... But They CHARGE THE BATTERIES WITH THE HELP OF YOUR ALTERNATOR Which isn't running when the cars ignition is just in the ON position

People get confused when they see that it gets connected to the main battery

FROM THERE PAGE:

Q. Do I need an upgraded alternator?
A. Street Charger is designed to run off a stock alternator. It has built in current limiting and draws a maximum of 40 amps.

They should have someone clean up there page so people dont get confused by it... My father has the same exact thing on his boat......Its where they got the idea from....

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
i have one, and i love it, i would still hook up a battery charger maybe once a month to maintain them, but if you drive your lowrider every day like i do, its great!

·
Registered
682 Posts
ive herd alotta good things bout them and alotta bad things 2. so im undecided bout them. they kinda expensive 2 so just take out tha battery charger every 2 weeks and charge my shit. i herd tha internals fry up in tha street chargers alot 2.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts