LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever Had Bad experiences or heard bad things about them, Are they Quality or what?? I havent really heard many peoples outputs who have used them... im thinking about ordering one

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
what does a street charger do?

·
Registered
819 Posts
The streetchargers are the next best thing to powerballs.

You can charge your batteries using your alternator. Very ez installations.

check out www.streetcharger.com.

I personally don't have one (yet). As soon as I have my pennies saved I will have one. I've never heard anything bad about them. I've even heard that the customer service is very good.

Just my .02

Later
TC

·
Registered
85 Posts
Myself and two other guys in my club have Streetchargers, they're a bit pricey but you never have to charge your batteries again, which definitely makes it worth it to me!! None of us have ever had probs. Installation is easy, basically just like a car amp. :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
If anyone is running 24 or 36 volt systems I have an alternative to a street charger. My charger keeps my two battery 24v system charged all the time. If my truck has been sitting for a while I can jump in it and notice the batteries are a little weak but after the engine has ran for 15 minutes or less the batteries feel fully charged.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Originally posted by lowagon@Oct 22 2003, 05:05 AM
If anyone is running 24 or 36 volt systems I have an alternative to a street charger. My charger keeps my two battery 24v system charged all the time. If my truck has been sitting for a while I can jump in it and notice the batteries are a little weak but after the engine has ran for 15 minutes or less the batteries feel fully charged.
holla man
i got 36 volts runnin my pumps

·
Registered
28 Posts
They are on sale right now for 179.99 and that is $100 off. Better get em while they still have some left. I think they are getting rid of em because they are to pricey for the bass boat industry. But I called and talked to the company who makes em and told them how i would be using it and they said it would work no problem. There are a couple of small things you have to double check on your system itself but i can explain those to anyone who buys one.

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catal...arTarget=search

You can also get more info here
www.stealthcharging.com

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
the only problem with street chargers are in the type of batteries you use in your system.

something to consider.

if you use deep cycle batteries, they will eventually fade, these batteries aren't made to be continually charged. eventually the will lose their deep cycle memory.

if you use regular car batteries, your better off because these are designed to continually receive a charge.

i've never used a street charger, but we've modified stereo amplifiers to do the same thing.

the nice thing about street chargers is the have an auto on off switch.

with stereo amplifiers its manual(no big deal, jut look at your gage).

the issues with the group 31's and regular batteries we noticed after we started doing this.

the homies with the 31's didn't perform as well after a while, they would hold a charge, but they wouldn't deep cycle(this is what the battery expert told us, they had gone stale) because if you keep charging these batteries over and over they lose their deep cycle memory, they become shallow(the don't deep cycle anymore)

the homie with the regular batteries didn't have any problems. he still has them in his setup today.

hope this helps, i know there are more experienced homies here that can provide more insight.

:),

cc

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have had my street charger for a year now and i have never had a single problem with it. It was easy to install and works great. If your ride is a street car then i would highly recommend it. Like other people have said they are a bit pricey but I think it is worth the money to never have to charge your batteries again.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Originally posted by HoppinS10@Oct 22 2003, 11:30 AM
I have had my street charger for a year now and i have never had a single problem with it. It was easy to install and works great. If your ride is a street car then i would highly recommend it. Like other people have said they are a bit pricey but I think it is worth the money to never have to charge your batteries again.
how are they installed ?
few wires or what?

·
Registered
118 Posts
i got a street charger too runnin 48 volts and it works great too bad my batteries suck!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
i got a street charger too runnin 48 volts and it works great too bad my batteries suck!!

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by ForPlay+Oct 22 2003, 09:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ForPlay @ Oct 22 2003, 09:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--HoppinS10@Oct 22 2003, 11:30 AM
I have had my street charger for a year now and i have never had a single problem with it.  It was easy to install and works great.  If your ride is a street car then i would highly recommend it.  Like other people have said they are a bit pricey but I think it is worth the money to never have to charge your batteries again.
how are they installed ?
few wires or what?[/b][/quote]
http://www.streetcharger.com

they have schematics on their site.

:),

cc

·
Registered
292 Posts
there is one wire that goes to your battery under the hood, one ground wire, one remote turn on wire and one wire to go to the last battery in series for your hydraulics

·
Registered
292 Posts
i dont know what amp they charge the batteries at but i think that it draws a maximum of 30 amps or so from your cars electrical system

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was lookin at the Stealth 1 chargng system, and i'll be damned if that store Stealth Charging systems store isn't like 5 minutes from my house,...the building says Stealth 1 on the front and i always looked at and thought, "wonder what the hell that place is"

gee guys, it sure is a small internet =)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts