LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lowrider
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a friend are put hydraulics on he 2 door 83 lac. I have reinforced my regal frame but the body was off so it was alot easier. I know the basic parts to do like the rear arches, all under the doors and the front curves. we are also extending and reinforcing the arms, put extendable rear uppers and welding the batt racks to the frame but is there anything else thats a must??? some guys i know plate the mounts where the a arms mount to the frame is that a must? Oh yeah this cars is gonna be lay and play no hopper just 48 volts 2 pumps. and yes i will be posting pics of the build.
Thanks to all in advance,
Larry

O

·
0 Posts
yeah if your not gonna do any hoppin, what you have listed and and what dude b4 me said will be plenty for you bro!

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by One Luv@Oct 14 2007, 02:14 PM~8997910
yeah if your not gonna do any hoppin, what you have listed and and what dude b4 me said will be plenty for you bro!
If no hop,rear arches alone will be fine(but do as much as u can is always better),those cars have a beefy frame.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Originally posted by lowdeville@Oct 14 2007, 05:00 PM~8998431
If no hop,rear arches alone will be fine(but do as much as u can is always better),those cars have a beefy frame.

That is true, but at least go over the factory welds where the bracket that holds the upper a arm on is connected to the frame. I have two coupes with hydraulics and those factory welds are weak and tend to crack even if you don't do any hopping.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Originally posted by LAK ATTACK@Oct 14 2007, 04:49 PM~8998950
That is true, but at least go over the factory welds where the bracket that holds the upper a arm on is connected to the frame.  I have two coupes with hydraulics and those factory welds are weak and tend to crack even if you don't do any hopping.
x-2. i ripped the shit out of m old car. and the spring pockest in the rear is a MUST. i bent the shit out of those too. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts