LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using and recommending Easy Off Oven Cleaner, but I've gotten tired of spraying the stuff and gagging and it eating away my fingers. I picked up the Autozone brand Castrol Super Clean, Coastal Power Clean. I put this stuff in it at midnight, the body was painted white, now pretty much dissolved, probably wash off, and the interior was red, now gone. I still would use Easy Off on red plastic, I've seen it react before, and as always, keep resin and diecast out of this stuff.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easy Off makes short work of Automotive paint-cuts right thru the clear and paint and attacks the primer. The rest peels off in sheets.

Both these methods strip chrome real well too, Easy Off will take off chrome on contact.

I got a new camera too, look ok? Nikon Coolpix 2100

K. Diaz

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Cruizin´Kev@Nov 1 2003, 12:34 PM
whow cool.. never seen stuff like that before.. it work also with metal diecast bodies?
use "aircraft remover" for your diecast man.
im not sure what they call it over there but its pretty much an aerosol paint stripper. available at most auto supply stores.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Nov 1 2003, 12:29 PM
Easy Off makes short work of Automotive paint-cuts right thru the clear and paint and attacks the primer. The rest peels off in sheets.

Both these methods strip chrome real well too, Easy Off will take off chrome on contact.

I got a new camera too, look ok? Nikon Coolpix 2100

K. Diaz
the camera looks good man :thumbsup:

the easy off might work good on auto paint but the body i tested it on was one of "DUDE"s old bodies with testors on it and all it did was smear it like paste. and i even tried hitting it again and using the toothbrush method with no results. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts