LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone im new to the site im in australia and i have a s13 nissan silvia convertable on hyrolics yes its a import lol i picked the car up cheap when i bought it everything worked althought there was only 1 battery so slow lol but my mate was stiching away and he went right up and the front hasnt gorn bak down the system is struts just wondering why it hasnt gorn down also the system when i go to use now the soliods just clicks car has a fully charged battery and im sure it works fine soliods ok and all earths should be good but a mate tryed releasing pressure in lines and im thinking relieased the nitrogen in the acumulators can they be refiled and will this be a major issue cheers ben sorry i dont really no anything about hydrolics so trying to get some answers why mine isnt working hahaha thanks everyone

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
When you hit the switch to drop it, have your mate listen in the back for a small click sound, the dump valve could be stuck, not getting power, or 'pressure locked'

see the pic below? those 2 black things on top of the pump, those are the electrical solenoids for the release valves(which are contained in the aluminum bodies attached to the black peices. If they are working proberly, you will hear a small click.

If your setup is clicking, chances are, that single battery isnt enough power. Hook it up to a charger and try it with the charger hooked up, see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
He's right. Your better off getting at least 3 more batteries so this does not continue to happen.

·
Registered
23,083 Posts
I think is da Dump

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers For the info guys its been helpfull ill try it over the next weekend as cars not at my house but yer i no i have to put more batterys in it i just didnt think it would matter to drop it down but ill try the solenoids on the dumps cheers Ben

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
if its not the dumps, its possible that its binding too. This can happen as things move and the alignment goes off. try wiggling the steering wheel around as you hold down the dump switch. This has happened before to me (usually only when in park for a long period of time).

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
it is not the amount of batteries, and you don't need to add "at least 3 more batteries".

The dump solenoids work just fine on 12V. Just make sure that your battery has a full 12V. I personally woulnd't run less than 24V. I have done 24 volts in several cars, but I have also seen setups with only 12V. More than likely it is just the dump solenoid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts