LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

struts and juice

2K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Low@dauniversity 
#1 ·
My little brother has a 93 cadillac deville...ever since i juiced my town car hes been wanting juice...well anyways my mother plans on helping him juice this car...every juiced strut car i have seen dont have springs or shocks anymore...just a cylinder and accumulators..inspections are a bitch here and i know that would never pass...the cylinder could be hidden but what about the spring...is there any way to have one in there for looks...im trying to save them and me a big ass headache..

#2 ·
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Oct 7 2003, 02:07 PM
My little brother has a 93 cadillac deville...ever since i juiced my town car hes been wanting juice...well anyways my mother plans on helping him juice this car...every juiced strut car i have seen dont have springs or shocks anymore...just a cylinder and accumulators..inspections are a bitch here and i know that would never pass...the cylinder could be hidden but what about the spring...is there any way to have one in there for looks...im trying to save them and me a big ass headache..
I live in Danville, VA and always had that problem also with my strut car.

Luckily I knew some people. I always brought my sticker back home and put it on sitting under my car port :) Your best bet is to find some ******* station that only checks the horn and lights. You can get a car inspected anywhere in the State, not just your hometown :biggrin:

Statetroopers are REQUIRED every year to pay a vistit to EVERY station and warn them about giving stickers to cars with altered suspensions.

I know this didn't help much, butGood Luck Homie

Last edited by Low@dauniversity at Oct 7 2003, 05:20 PM

#3 ·
Just like the conversation we were having w/ "thejuicedkid" and low@dauniversity was telling him not to rebuild the struts my way. Rebuilding the struts my way keeps the springs and you can add acc. if you like, but you won't need them. Most of all, it'll keep the Troopers off your ass.

#6 ·
Originally posted by Low@dauniversity+Oct 7 2003, 05:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Low@dauniversity @ Oct 7 2003, 05:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dreday@Oct 7 2003, 06:25 PM
Most of all, it'll keep the Troopers off your ass.
you are full of shit too, maybe in alabama, but not VA[/b][/quote]
Fine....fuck it....

Its funny how all the big names reccommend doing it the same way I do...

#7 ·
Originally posted by dreday@Oct 7 2003, 06:25 PM
Just like the conversation we were having w/ "thejuicedkid" and low@dauniversity was telling him not to rebuild the struts my way. Rebuilding the struts my way keeps the springs and you can add acc. if you like, but you won't need them. Most of all, it'll keep the Troopers off your ass.
anyone that rebuilds struts on a honda is fucking retarded. You should just keep your factory struts in a box so when you decide to go buy a real car to put hydraulics on :biggrin:

#8 ·
Originally posted by dreday+Oct 7 2003, 07:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dreday @ Oct 7 2003, 07:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Low@dauniversity@Oct 7 2003, 05:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--dreday
@Oct 7 2003, 06:25 PM
Most of all, it'll keep the Troopers off your ass.

you are full of shit too, maybe in alabama, but not VA
Fine....fuck it....

Its funny how all the big names reccommend doing it the same way I do...[/b][/quote]
yeah, its funny cause their way is the shitty way of doing it. Oh well, all this over fucking honda. I doubt any BIG NAMES really fuck with hondas anyway :biggrin:

Struts are ass, just go buy a traditional. :cool:

Last edited by Low@dauniversity at Oct 7 2003, 07:08 PM

#10 ·
i personally would never get a front wheel drive vehicle anyways...but again this isnt my car...i have connections like that up in rhode island...if all else fails he might have to do what im doing and put ri tags on it...that would work for a while...cops are assholes here though....especially in this town because it has no crime....ive seen that danville place on road signs...im in a shithole called farmville....its mad depressing

#11 ·
could i possibly slap the spring back in there during inspection..or do you think they would notice that...

#12 ·
I worked out a deal with a dude at an inspection shop and just pay him extra 15 bucks to pass the inspection. I promised him if I ever get pulled over that I would tell the cops I juiced my ride after the inspection. Never got pulled over yet but then again my juiced ride ain't my daily ride. ask around ;)

#13 ·
You stated that you have a honda.

I'm assuming the cylinders will be shooting up (unless you have reverse flow cylinders).

Couldn't you just stick a mini coil underneath the collar. The coils themselves may or may be used but if someone sticks their underneath they will see coils. The only draw back would be if the coils are being compressed they could make a lot of noise, you might be able to fix that by lining them with a peice of rubber hose at the top and bottom.

Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say.

Just my .02

Later
TC

#14 ·
i didnt state that i had a honda.....i stated that my little brother is juicing a 93 cadillac deville...thats kinda what i was thinking though...coils just for looks

#18 ·
nothing big is going on the car anyways...if he hops it or attempts i will smack the shit out of him...fwd + hopping = something broken.... will stock coils work on it....or what would you say a stock coil is rated at?

#19 ·
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Oct 9 2003, 10:08 AM
nothing big is going on the car anyways...if he hops it or attempts i will smack the shit out of him...fwd + hopping = something broken.... will stock coils work on it....or what would you say a stock coil is rated at?
Most stock coils are rated at about 250lbs. - 350lbs. depending on the car or truck. So, they equal a little less than a 1/4 ton coil, (the smallest coil you can buy for hydros.)
Me personally, I'd go 3/4's all the way around, but I wouldn't go below 1/2 tons all the way around.
The OEM springs won't handle the extra weight of the set-up. Try to use at least 1/2 tons.

#20 ·
Reds 1/2 ton coils were the best. I have about 15 sets of yellow 1/4s, 1/2 orange, and 3/4 ton blue,,and 3/4 ton red from prohopper

1/4 tons have too small an inner diameter to fit around mid size cylinders and you would not want to use a skinny regular cylinder.

Depending on how you do your setup, 1/2 ton would be the best. If you just cut the strut in half and do it the half ass way, then 1/2s fit nicely around a cut in half strut.

I would not suggest using springs, but if you insist then I would suggest doing the strut the way I completely rebuild them, using reverse flows. I never use springs, but I can add springs in my design with no problem. None of the Mac strut cars I have ever juiced ever had a problem. Some of them 3-wheeled though, against my recommendation to the owners. :cool:

I hate seeing Mac strut cars, because very few people know how to build the struts 100% safely and make ride perfect as well. A lot of mac strut cars can get a full stack of coil in all the way around and still lay low as hell, but most people don't know how to do it :cool:

Last edited by Low@dauniversity at Oct 9 2003, 02:22 PM

#21 ·
This guy has got to be the smartest guy on this forum! Props to you Low@dauniversity. He doesn't bad mouth anyone. He is down for the lowrider community and he knows what he's talking about(unlike some other people on here....that don't even have a shop or a lowrider, and try to give advice) He is good for this forum. Keep up the good work?

#22 ·
Originally posted by redsproseries@Oct 10 2003, 05:58 AM
This guy has got to be the smartest guy on this forum! Props to you Low@dauniversity. He doesn't bad mouth anyone. He is down for the lowrider community and he knows what he's talking about(unlike some other people on here....that don't even have a shop or a lowrider, and try to give advice) He is good for this forum. Keep up the good work?
Thanks homie,,,,,,,I always try to help out fellow lowriders :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.