LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my amp stopped working one day... its all hooked up correctly, but now it doesnt play for some reason. if the fuse is blown would the amplifier light still come on? because i unhooked the ground and the REM wire, and the amp light still comes on. however even with it all hooked up correctly, it wont power the speakers
can someone help me id appreciate it

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
WOW, you kept the power wire connected and disconnected the ground!!

lets just say thats not a good way to go about fixing things...

re-ground the amp, make sure your REM wire conection to the HU is either sodered or crimped... make sure the speakers are wired correctly to the amp make sure your RCA's are in the COREECT preamp output plug-ins... check and see what you have the amp set on...

if you have the amp set on Hi-pass and set your frequency to 100hz (basically telling the amp not to play anything under 100hz) then NO, you will not get bass out of your subs...

if you have the amp set on low-pass and set your frequency to 40hz (basically telling the amp to not play anything over 40hz) then no, your coaxils/component speakers will not play...

-qs

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i just tried it and it still wont work. i think its messed up for good now i dont know. i just know my amps constantly on

·
Registered
437 Posts
i have the same problem the amp goes on the the light goes to red on the diagnostic light did i messed up my amp or does it sill work

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by miguel90802@Aug 10 2005, 12:40 PM~3579935
i have the same problem the amp goes on the the light goes to red on the diagnostic light did i messed up my amp or does it sill work

your amp went into protection mode (why? i dunno)...it could be an easy fix, or it could mean that you just created a paper weight...

join us at http://focusedgravity.forumsplace.com/ and post your topic up, its good ppl there for car audio...

-qs

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by that1bmxguy@Aug 8 2005, 07:50 PM~3563083
ok i just tried it and it still wont work.  i think its messed up for good now i dont know.  i just know my amps constantly on

did you connect your REM (remote wire) on your amp to the antenna on your HU, or did you connect it to a constant 12v on your HU?

by connecting your REM to the antenna on your HU, this allows the amp to "cut-on" when the headunit is turned on to play, and "cut-off" when the headunit is turned off...if you have a red light when it is suppose to be green, that means your amp went into protection mode...

if you still have the user's manuel, look through it, there is a section for "trouble shooting"...locate your trouble, and try the "cure" that they suggest...

-qs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts