LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I have a 1990 Ford Ranger.

Im doing all the speakers in the truck Alpine.

2 Alpine 6 1/2's
2 Alpine 6 x 8's

Now, I have alot of bass from 2 solo barrics, but I want SQ too.

I was on crutch field and found this..

And found this for it...

Now, Im wondering.

Ill have 4 brand new speakers....so now with this Ill have 6 and 2 tweeters right?

Or so I put 2 new back ones and put the new ones for the component and only have 4 and 2 tweets?

Also, how do these hook up?

Can someone explain

:cool: ,

Dw

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
unless ou buy an amp to run em you cant run all three set i say fuck the rear speakers,make a nice front stage.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Sep 17 2003, 02:38 PM
unless ou buy an amp to run em you cant run all three set i say fuck the rear speakers,make a nice front stage.
I could do that to....since theres no rear seats anyway, thats where the 2 solos go...so your saying hook the components up (2 spekers and 2 tweeters) and the regular 2 speakers?

Ok, Ill do that than.

Can you explain how?

Ill run an amp is I have to for the components...

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
nope the 6.5s are int eh door right? and the jbls are 5.25" right?

anyway the componets use 2 wires to go into the crossover buy only one leaves so its the same as hooking up one speaker.

then since you have 4 channels on your deck (left 6.5, right 6.5, left comp set, right comp set.) hook em to that

·
Registered
304 Posts
So you have a separate amp for speakers aside from your head unit?
If you have another amp, I'd run the 6 x 8's and the 6 1/2's off of your deck, and run the components off of the amp in the kick panels. Hookup instructions should come with the component speakers

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
You guys are tortuering me. Hey what you could do is go to www.onllinecarstereo.com and buy you a set of Diamond 5 1/4, okay this component sets have what is refered to a rear fill. A regular component set crossover has 6 outputs (2 for input, 2 for MID, 2 for tweeters), okay the Diamond crossover has 8 outputs(2 for input, 2 for mids, 2 for tweets, 2 for rear fill. Okay what is rear fill, well rear fill allows you to hook up those 6 X 8's, normally for a balanced system that would not be a good thing, cause most of the sound would come from the back and destroy you front imaging(okay maybe in a truck that is a mood point), but what it does is makes those 6 X 8's play 3 db lower than the front speakers. :thumbsup: Then you can hook up your Kick panels, and you rear fill, then all you have is the factory location which you run off the other side of a 4 channel amp. For a system you need this because you will fry your deck if you try to run Kick panels and factories. Lastly you can run 2 channels of a 4 channel amp for 6 speakers. Okay here is goes. Buy the Diamond Audio component set, which is 4 ohms, then buy 2 8 ohm 6 1/2 mid bass speakers and run them in parrel which will show a 4 ohm to 4 ohm load which parreled to itsef will give you a two ohm imp for the first 2 channels, then bridge the back channels and you got something for your subs. Or just buy a 5/6 channel amp and you got it. This was how my system was set up, but I went with a 6 channel, along with a 2 channel mono, cause I had some Focal tweeters in the dash, and those things take power. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts