LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I pulled out the stock cd/casette/radio from my 91 Brougham, and it was a huge pain in the ass. I finally found the wiring harness after pulling apart my whole console, but I still can't find the antenna wire at all. I know it has a power antenna, but shouldn't it still have a wire going to the deck? Maybe I am missing something.....

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
it should be a black one that looks like a headphone jack. most likely bent at a 45 degree angle rite before it plugs into a female plug

·
Registered
304 Posts
Im not familiar with those kinds of cars, but yes there should be a power wire from the antenna to the deck, and then the antenna itself should also have a plug in. The wire for the power antenna is simply a remote turn on, and it may be spliced into the accessory wire (turn-on wire) somewhere on your factory harness. As to how deep in your dash and what color the wire is are beyond me

If worst goes to shitty, start at your power antenna and try to trace the wire back to your to your deck. Good luck

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Chevrolet n LA@Sep 2 2003, 11:58 AM
it should be a black one that looks like a headphone jack. most likely bent at a 45 degree angle rite before it plugs into a female plug
That is the thing though... there was no antenna jack that plugged into the stock stereo.. just the wiring harness.... that is why I am so confused. And when I look at the stock deck... there is no hole where the antenna is supposed to go either. Here is a pic of the harness on the stock deck... those 3 wires that go into one, could that be the antenna?

·
* MODERATOR*
8,025 Posts
IIRC in that car, the radio in the dash is just a controller, the main amp/brain is mounted in the trunk, the antenna wire runs to it.

With the new radio in the dash, you will have to run a antenna extension cable from the end of the factory antenna at the amp up to the new radio in the dash.

·
Registered
11,593 Posts
Originally posted by Jeff Rohrer@Oct 29 2010, 07:53 AM~18938494
7 year old thread, that 97dvll guy has done this twice now. I'm guessing he's a spammer
holy fuck! Whoring in the audio threads?

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Oct 29 2010, 07:03 PM~18942776
Hell, I didn't even notice, but this question gets asked a lot, so I'll just leave it be.
ACTUALLY THAT WAS VERY GOOD INFO FOR SOMEONE THAT IS WORKING ON THE SAME TYPE OF CAR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts