LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any one has pics of suacide trunks doors front end flips reverse hoods i would like to see some pics mostly of the hinges but any pic can help or any knowledge you have on the subject please post thank you

·
Registered
343 Posts
i would also like to see pics, i am considering putting a suicide hood on my 69 ford

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can help you out with that one if you can weld and bent 1" tubes

woo hoo i just suicided my trunk it only took me t hours i will post pics tomorrow

·
Registered
343 Posts
sure man, yea i can weld and i have a pipe bender so i can bend tubing. i have a basic idea of how to do it using newer car hood hinges but i wanted to see if anyone had some other ideas before i cut up my fenderwells

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by tcvaldez@Nov 17 2003, 10:49 PM
That looks sweet. Good job. How to you keep it latched.
Post some close up pics.

Later
TC
well i just finished the hinges i will have it hokked up with either hydraulic cylinders or air or electric cylinders for the lift and for the latch i am going to have a electric door lock or popper selonoid

i am leaning towards electric for smoth operation so it doesn't slam down

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Nov 17 2003, 11:12 PM
:biggrin:
it looks good man:cool:
that is what a common flip hood is like i had this idea that worked for a while on a hood i did for a friend untill the idiot was welding and cought his car and half of his garage on fire and ruind his ride but it involves two 1" tubes hinged at original hood hinge location to the fron of the car of the radiator xmember so the hood will still open stock ways but there was more than that involve it also fliped foward but rested upon itself not on the car or anythi g like that i will put up a diagram tomorrow ;)

Last edited by joebomber52 at Nov 17 2003, 11:20 PM

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Nov 17 2003, 11:12 PM
that is the same was i would like my hood to open. i ws thinking of flipping the original hinges around but then when i pop the hood it would hit the cowl panel because they push the hood out when it opens now

heres the truck i want to do it too

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...b022efd9fae25d9

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
:0 ur gonna suicide tha 52?.. damn bro that would look fuckin sweet..please hook me up and tell me how .. so i could do mine.. :biggrin: yo i was also wanting to know if you could lead me in tha right direction of how you mounted tha 350 in...

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by ..LaZt oNe LeFt..@Nov 22 2003, 09:24 PM
:0 ur gonna suicide tha 52?.. damn bro that would look fuckin sweet..please hook me up and tell me how .. so i could do mine.. :biggrin: yo i was also wanting to know if you could lead me in tha right direction of how you mounted tha 350 in...
cool man i was thinking adout the suacide, i just did the trunk i don't know about touching the back doors or front doors. i would like to tilt the front end, i would reallt like some help on that i don't want a fiber one peice i want the og and still be able to open the hood, but the way i did the trunk was i cut the hinges os the top, mounted them on bottom, sat the trunk lid back on went in truogh the back seat measured and made a peice of metal,to contore to the curves of the underside, welded it up from the inside. had to remove all the locking parts so it didn't hit then it was hinged i will post some more pics of it.

on mounting the 350 it was easy had to make own mounts but i beleive you can find some alreadt made but hold the engine up with a engine hoist measure get sone square tubing some 1/4" plate i will show how they look in a pic mount them to the block weld them to frame

oh and first you mite want to think about the trany x-memer some tubing on that works well always make sure you attach to the bottom of the frame also the top the thing about those frames is, they are made of t peices a top hat shaped top peice with is very very thin and a plat on the bottom the upper metal tears easily,

i hope some of this made some sence a little tired

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Nov 22 2003, 09:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Nov 22 2003, 09:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--..LaZt oNe LeFt..@Nov 22 2003, 09:24 PM
:0  ur gonna suicide tha 52?.. damn bro that would look fuckin sweet..please hook me up and tell me how .. so i could do mine.. :biggrin:  yo i was also wanting to know if you could lead me in tha right direction of how you mounted tha 350 in...
cool man i was thinking adout the suacide, i just did the trunk i don't know about touching the back doors or front doors. i would like to tilt the front end, i would reallt like some help on that i don't want a fiber one peice i want the og and still be able to open the hood, but the way i did the trunk was i cut the hinges os the top, mounted them on bottom, sat the trunk lid back on went in truogh the back seat measured and made a peice of metal,to contore to the curves of the underside, welded it up from the inside. had to remove all the locking parts so it didn't hit then it was hinged i will post some more pics of it.

on mounting the 350 it was easy had to make own mounts but i beleive you can find some alreadt made but hold the engine up with a engine hoist measure get sone square tubing some 1/4" plate i will show how they look in a pic mount them to the block weld them to frame

oh and first you mite want to think about the trany x-memer some tubing on that works well always make sure you attach to the bottom of the frame also the top the thing about those frames is, they are made of t peices a top hat shaped top peice with is very very thin and a plat on the bottom the upper metal tears easily,

i hope some of this made some sence a little tired[/b][/quote]
;) thanks...i want to see them pics.. of your motor mounts..i have a pretty good idea of how to do it.. was just wanting to know if i was on tha right track.. ....

on a side note: is that your dash in post your rides..

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...6268fa7057096a3

Last edited by ..LaZt oNe LeFt.. at Nov 24 2003, 05:16 PM

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by old_school_48+Nov 19 2003, 12:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (old_school_48 @ Nov 19 2003, 12:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SWITCHCRAFT@Nov 17 2003, 11:12 PM
that is the same was i would like my hood to open. i ws thinking of flipping the original hinges around but then when i pop the hood it would hit the cowl panel because they push the hood out when it opens now

heres the truck i want to do it too

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...b022efd9fae25d9[/b][/quote]
i got some good pics that would help you ..............you can latch the hood any way you want really..........i'll post the pics. of the different ways.........and the hinges i used.........this mod is easier on trucks

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by ..LaZt oNe LeFt..+Nov 24 2003, 04:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (..LaZt oNe LeFt.. @ Nov 24 2003, 04:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2003, 09:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--..LaZt oNe LeFt..
@Nov 22 2003, 09:24 PM
:0  ur gonna suicide tha 52?.. damn bro that would look fuckin sweet..please hook me up and tell me how .. so i could do mine.. :biggrin:  yo i was also wanting to know if you could lead me in tha right direction of how you mounted tha 350 in...

i hope some of this made some sence a little tired
;) thanks...i want to see them pics.. of your motor mounts..i have a pretty good idea of how to do it.. was just wanting to know if i was on tha right track.. ....

on a side note: is that your dash in post your rides..

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...6268fa7057096a3[/b][/quote]
yeah it is

·
Registered
163 Posts

i spose this is a model.. but i like the idea on the hood though.

seat arosa hinges

think those are buick '93 orso hinges... really nice!

not a hinge, but also an option

if you got any more info on reinforcing the doors to be suicide, it would be greatly appriciated!

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Mr Tinman@Nov 26 2003, 04:38 PM

i spose this is a model.. but i like the idea on the hood though.

seat arosa hinges

think those are buick '93 orso hinges... really nice!

not a hinge, but also an option

if you got any more info on reinforcing the doors to be suicide, it would be greatly appriciated!
that first truck is a real truck it is built by master image customs in anaheim crazy fuckin work went into it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts