LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Originally posted by Mr Tinman@Nov 26 2003, 04:38 PM

i spose this is a model..  but i like the idea on the hood though.

if you got any more info on reinforcing the doors to be suicide, it would be greatly appriciated!
when i re-enforced my trunk i welded two 3/4 square tubes from top of trunk (wher old hinges were)to the hinges so it wouldn't sway back and forth or put to much stress on the metal
and all the tubes will be covered with my interior designes

Last edited by joebomber52 at Nov 26 2003, 05:11 PM

·
Registered
343 Posts
i think for my hood i can use hinges off of a K car mounted to the front of the fenderwells, and then run tubing to the old hingle location on the hood like you did with your trunk, then just use a prop rod to hold the hood open

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
HEY MAN I NEED SOME HELP TOO. I WANNA SUICIDE MY HOOD. MY POPS SAID I NEED THE HINGES FROM A BMW OR A SAAB. WILL THOSE WORK BETTER OR WORSE THEN CUSTOM HINGES?

Last edited by tupacrida4life at Nov 26 2003, 11:20 PM

·
Registered
343 Posts
i think any hinge that is of simple design would work, i chose k car hinges cause there is no spring loaded garbage to worry aboutm they are a simple hinge, similar to a barn door hinge but not so ugly

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Nov 27 2003, 12:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Nov 27 2003, 12:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mr Tinman@Nov 26 2003, 04:38 PM

i spose this is a model..  but i like the idea on the hood though.

if you got any more info on reinforcing the doors to be suicide, it would be greatly appriciated!
when i re-enforced my trunk i welded two 3/4 square tubes from top of trunk (wher old hinges were)to the hinges so it wouldn't sway back and forth or put to much stress on the metal
and all the tubes will be covered with my interior designes

[/b][/quote]
just so you know for next time reinforcing the trunk.......X it

the the triangle is the strongest shape............

good job though and good idea to reinforce it at least some i thought of it....but i am lazy.....maybe i will do it now..thanks

oh and i will post the buick hinge pics monday...........and you are right those are buick hinge's on that trunk in the pic.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Nov 27 2003, 12:43 PM
just so you know for next time reinforcing the trunk.......X it

the the triangle is the strongest shape............

good job though and good idea to reinforce it at least some i thought of it....but i am lazy.....maybe i will do it now..thanks

oh and i will post the buick hinge pics monday...........and you are right those are buick hinge's on that trunk in the pic.
of course i just need more steel it was a kinda i was bored and did it at the moment type thing i got my support thought out already i need to adapt it to go with parts of my stereo and some small storage maby a fire extinguisher thanks for the heads up though :cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
thats a good idea.. X'ing it... but can it also be done with the doors? i can imagine the window and lock stuff are kinda in the way??

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Originally posted by lil deville@Nov 21 2003, 11:06 PM
Here you go....
how do those hinges attach??? and where ?? i'm gettin my door and trunk done in 2 weeks, just wondering.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Originally posted by bagdcutlass85+Nov 28 2003, 07:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bagdcutlass85 @ Nov 28 2003, 07:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lil deville@Nov 21 2003, 11:06 PM
Here you go....
how do those hinges attach??? and where ?? i'm gettin my door and trunk done in 2 weeks, just wondering.[/b][/quote]
square'r are welded and hinge is sloted for bolts

that would be a gteat hinge for trunk maby not big enough radius and same for a door just depends on curved and shape of the body

21 - 31 of 31 Posts