LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Towards the rear homie, it creates a 3 point corner, kinda the same reason you put a home sub near a wall and it would super loud compared to just being in the open...

Short explanation for a long story, but hopefully you get the idea.

-J

·
Registered
349 Posts
I took out my back seat in my Mazda Protege and moved my box all over the place to hear the sound and the best hardest hitting position for my box is facing the back of the trunk all the way up against the back seat. When I fired them directly into the cabin I really couldnt hear it.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
it will be a LOT louder facing the rear in the trunk compared to simply facing it forward.

If you want to face it towards the front of the car, you will need to completely seal it off from the rear of the vehicle/trunk area

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
rear fire unless you wanna cut shit up in the linco

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Id rear fire it too, but in the back deck have some blow thru area so that you can vent then box into the interior and gain some off that back window area a bit. Wont be a whole lot, but ever bit counts in a trunk mounted sub. Also, if you dont already have it, some foam baffles for any midbasses you may have in the back deck will same them from distorting.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 16 2005, 01:46 AM~3826529
wastes energy
No Shit.

Hey Ralph you ever think about Porting your box into your back deck, that why you can use your box as a mounting platform for the rest of your system.

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 16 2005, 09:07 AM~3827301
No Shit.
Hey Ralph you ever think about Porting your box into your back deck, that why you can use your box as a mounting platform for the rest of your system.
what do you mean...like face the subs back still, but porting the box and facing the ports:

straight up into the rear deck???
or
face the ports straight back towards the front of the car???

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 16 2005, 04:45 PM~3829581
  BE NICE.
awe, don't trip, Sgt. Washington has been helping me lowride pretty much since i got serious about the game!!!

(sorry if i mis-spelled the name!!!)

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 16 2005, 02:08 PM~3828674
Nope put the subs inside the box, and port them into the back road
wtf are you talkin about mang??

pic
diagram
anything???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts