LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im not even sure i have room for these in my rear deck but i want some sound from there and they WILL be geting 100w so i know i will hear them..

my quesiotn is that snice i konw my box will be soo tall these might sit on top of the sub box literally while being secured in the rear deck..so will the sub magnet throw em off whack? can anynoe recommend some nice tweeter (80w rms) i might just put in the c pillar instead..? thanks

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,109 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by deftonekorn1002+Jul 8 2003, 06:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (deftonekorn1002 @ Jul 8 2003, 06:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Jul 8 2003, 04:27 PM
lol yeah it would help ALOT if i posted a link..
http://www.ikesound.com/Prod_Details.asp?Prod_Id=597

those are what we are talking about...i heard once that a sub magnet could throw off the timing/sound from a coaxial
i wouldnt think so but i dont know[/b][/quote]
me either

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER+Jul 8 2003, 05:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BuThatsaCHRYSLER @ Jul 8 2003, 05:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2003, 06:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--BuThatsaCHRYSLER
@Jul 8 2003, 04:27 PM
lol yeah it would help ALOT if i posted a link..
http://www.ikesound.com/Prod_Details.asp?Prod_Id=597

those are what we are talking about...i heard once that a sub magnet could throw off the timing/sound from a coaxial

i wouldnt think so but i dont know
me either[/b][/quote]
buy em and if they get whack sell em to some idiot and when he tells you they're broken lie and say he had em in wrong or had too much power and it was his fault

Last edited by deftonekorn1002 at Jul 8 2003, 05:54 PM

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
A sub magnet doesn't have enough electrons to move a paper clip, unless the clip is under a couple inches from the magnet iself.

The magnet on a sub in a box in the trunk isn't what fucks up rear deck speakers. It is the pressure from the cone forcing air out of the trunk through any place it can.

So when a speaker in the rear deck gets throw out of wack, ot blows, blaim it on the sub pushing air into the deck speakers and ripping the hell out of the cone.

Hope that is what your asking.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
i remember messing up the tv with the magnets on some of my subs even though they were a few feet away. I have also heard of people have had this problem with the subs on the other side of the room from the tv.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Originally posted by 91lacdeville@Jul 9 2003, 05:47 PM
i remember messing up the tv with the magnets on some of my subs even though they were a few feet away. I have also heard of people have had this problem with the subs on the other side of the room from the tv.
Magnets of any kind will messup the color of a tv, more powerfull the magnet, worse it reflects on the tv.

But that is because a colored tv is very sensitive to magnets, other speakers (metal and magnets) are not very sensitive to a subwoofer magnet.

To have the sub magnet cause even a little effect on a component speaker, the sub magnet would almost be touching the component magnet.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by 83Cutlass@Jul 8 2003, 09:49 PM
A sub magnet doesn't have enough electrons to move a paper clip, unless the clip is under a couple inches from the magnet iself.

The magnet on a sub in a box in the trunk isn't what fucks up rear deck speakers. It is the pressure from the cone forcing air out of the trunk through any place it can.

So when a speaker in the rear deck gets throw out of wack, ot blows, blaim it on the sub pushing air into the deck speakers and ripping the hell out of the cone.

Hope that is what your asking.
Buy some of those cheap foam like baffels and put them under your rear deack speakers.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Originally posted by ALOW1@Jul 9 2003, 10:35 PM
Buy some of those cheap foam like baffels and put them under your rear deack speakers.
That is a great Idea, not only because it stops the sub from blowing the cone off the 6x9, but will also make your 6x9's sound louder and cleaner cause they would now have an enclosure.

And if you want your 6x9s to act they are in a bigger box, add some poly-fill inside the baffles.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by 83Cutlass+Jul 9 2003, 08:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (83Cutlass @ Jul 9 2003, 08:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ALOW1@Jul 9 2003, 10:35 PM
That is a great Idea, not only because it stops the sub from blowing the cone off the 6x9, but will also make your 6x9's sound louder and cleaner cause they would now have an enclosure.

And if you want your 6x9s to act they are in a bigger box, add some poly-fill inside the baffles.[/b][/quote]
Poly.....now I never thought of that. But you can tune them by cutting holes in them.......

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 83Cutlass+Jul 9 2003, 09:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (83Cutlass @ Jul 9 2003, 09:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ALOW1@Jul 9 2003, 10:35 PM

And if you want your 6x9s to act they are in a bigger box, add some poly-fill inside the baffles.[/b][/quote]
ok now you guys lost me...can i have a link so i know what exactly what your talkin about

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
These are what you need.......

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-l2BZ4g9VNWe/c...w.asp?I=237XT62

Designed to tighten bass response and increase the overall performance of car/marine/in-wall speakers. The baffles help to isolate your speakers sound so that more audio is delivered to you and less is lost behind the speakers. Baffles also help to lessen that hollow and thin bass that most speakers reproduce unless they are confined in an enclosure such as a box or baffle.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Originally posted by ALOW1@Jul 10 2003, 02:45 AM
These are what you need.......

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-l2BZ4g9VNWe/c...w.asp?I=237XT62

Designed to tighten bass response and increase the overall performance of car/marine/in-wall speakers. The baffles help to isolate your speakers sound so that more audio is delivered to you and less is lost behind the speakers. Baffles also help to lessen that hollow and thin bass that most speakers reproduce unless they are confined in an enclosure such as a box or baffle.
Have you tried the crutchfield baffles? I bought em for my 6x9's and hated em. They are just light weight foam and they tear easy. Their so delicate that they are a pain in the ass to attach securly without ripping em. Also I didnt notice any significant difference in sound but I didnt use polyfill. Maybe I was doin somethin wrong but they werent worth the trouble for me. Im not even using them anymore. Someone on here once told me to make a baffle with fiberglass using a maragrine tub to hold the shape. It sounded like a much better idea but Ive never worked with fiberglass so I havent experimented yet.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i know its old but hey if i port/remove alot of bracing from my rear deck will that also help to keep from putting hella pressure on my 6.5s? thanks ps im so lazy im yet to buy baffles.

what are the best ways to port the rear deck, i have heard removing the metal but then it seems it will just be flimsy....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts