LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 99 Monte Carlo and you know how the back windshield slopes down? Well I have a set of 2 12's, in a sealed box with 4 ports, that I had in my other car and now I want to put it in this car, but I want to slide it back as far as I can which would put it under the back winshield and 6x9's and I was wondering if I would have any problems the windshield or 6x9's if I put it all the way back there because it really does it hard than bitch and I dont wanna mess up my 6x9's or by chance the windshield.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
does your rear seat fold down?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah my seats fold down why? Can I get the foam baffles in a store or just off the website?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by OakCliffRider@Sep 12 2005, 11:37 AM~3798412
Yeah my seats fold down why? Can I get the foam baffles in a store or just off the website?

You will most likely have to buy them online, or some local audio shops MAY have them.

If your seats fold down, that reduces alot of pressure inside the trunk cabin, and your worried about the rear window will be non existant.

And to be honest, I doubt you will be doing any window chattering with any reasonable audio system.

-J

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by DeAdPhLow@Sep 12 2005, 02:59 PM~3798557
6x9's are shit BTW
i disagree... if you place the bass to 0 on your deck, and let the subwoofer(s) handle all the low end frequencies, you will get really good performance out of your 6x9's and really nice midbass kicks...

at least i do, i had tried some 5.25" 05kicker ks's in my front doors (before i installed them in my back panel) because i was debating to see if i wanted 6x9's there any more or if i wanted maybe a 6".

the 6x9's highs were almost the same as the circles but the kicks (midbass) that most raps songs have was just alot stronger through the 6x9s... mind you, i wasnt aiming for bass to come out of the front (i have a subwoofer for that) but just a lil something to give a nice tight kick on frequencies that my sub isnt gonna go high enough to play...

-qs

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And to be honest, I doubt you will be doing any window chattering with any reasonable audio system.
Yeah, but you know sometimes you get a young kid who thinks they got a great systm and then you gotta show them how to really do it. My subs can put out some serious bass and shit, but you know I just wanna make sure I dont fuck nothing up.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i disagree... if you place the bass to 0 on your deck, and let the subwoofer(s) handle all the low end frequencies, you will get really good performance out of your 6x9's and really nice midbass kicks...
Thats true to, thats how I run my settings with the bass at 0 and treble at about +2or3 and i can get some pretty nice sounds. And to S10 I aint trying to sound cocky or nothing I know there are alot better systems than mine, but for what I paid and shit its pretty good.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 12 2005, 02:10 PM~3799453

at least i do, i had tried some 5.25" 05kicker ks's in my front doors (before i installed them in my back panel) because i was debating to see if  i wanted 6x9's there any more or if i wanted maybe a 6".

the 6x9's highs were almost the same as the circles but the kicks (midbass) that most raps songs have was just alot stronger through the 6x9s... mind you, i wasnt aiming for bass to come out of the front (i have a subwoofer for that) but just a lil something to give a nice tight kick on frequencies that my sub isnt gonna go high enough to play...

-qs

6x9's arent as rigid as a perfectly symmetrical mid is. The cones are prone to flexing due to its akward shape. . . they cant be driven as hard as a good 6 1/2 can

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Originally posted by DeAdPhLow@Sep 13 2005, 06:27 AM~3803727
6x9's arent as rigid as a perfectly symmetrical mid is. The cones are prone to flexing due to its akward shape. . . they cant be driven as hard as a good 6 1/2 can

Congradulations, thats the funniest thing ive heard all day. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by OakCliffRider@Sep 12 2005, 06:04 PM~3801184
Yeah, but you know sometimes you get a young kid who thinks they got a great systm and then you gotta show them how to really do it. My subs can put out some serious bass and shit, but you know I just wanna make sure I dont fuck nothing up.

Oh of course, I have and still have some high end audio equipment that handles the youngsters, but window shattering, we are tlaking 155 db+ and I just don't think your average joe, with any amount of money if going to produce that in a daily.

Just my opinion,

-J

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 13 2005, 11:25 AM~3805618
Congradulations, thats the funniest thing ive heard all day.  :thumbsup:
Is it?

Pick up any 6x9 and drive it hard. . . take note how the outer cones bend inward. .
Same with 4x6's, 4 x 10's etc. . .

Of course, some cones are stiffer or made out of thicker fibers, but this is true for MOST 6x9's that are out there.

Ill say it again. . . they are not as rigid at a symmetrically round driver is

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I was just trying not to be rude, but your statement is still pretty funny.

But its kinda like saying "Those 18 inch subwoofers you have there arent as rigid because the cone is bigger than a 10" diameter one, so its less stronger" ... but hey, maybe the argument needs to be the fact that you shouldnt be putting exremely low fequencies into 6x9 drivers that werent really designed for it in the first place. ;)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 13 2005, 05:07 PM~3806920
I was just trying not to be rude, but your statement is still pretty funny.

But its kinda like saying "Those 18 inch subwoofers you have there arent as rigid because the cone is bigger than a 10" diameter one, so its less stronger"  ... but hey, maybe the argument needs to be the fact that you shouldnt be putting exremely low fequencies into 6x9 drivers that werent really designed for it in the first place.  ;)

exactly my point...

if you operate the 6x9's in the manner they were designed for, you will get just as clean and loud mids and highs as a round...(in the same class though, in other words, dont take a Dual 6x9 and compare it to RE 6's) ...

im not saying one is better then the other, im just rebutting the comment about how 6x9's are shit...my 6x9's are clear and loud, nice kicks, no distortion... my 6x9's can handle 70watts RMS, i have an amp that can give it its full 70 as well. after the speakers where broken in, i just felt like seeing how much i can give them before distortion or unwated sq, i got it a lil under 63 wattsRMS with no clipping, damaging, distortion or unwanted sq... i didnt wanna go the full 70wattsRMS because thats its MAX power handling and even if it were a round coaxil, i still wouldnt push it there...

-qs

·
Registered
272 Posts
"symmetrically round"

they are in fact, oval
I was simply trying to point out that you don't need to add the extra word in there

symmetrical means you can split it in half any way and both halves will be the same. If you split a 6x9 oval in half what do you end up with? Two halves that are the same

a 6x9 oval and a 6.5 circle are both symmetrical and you don't need to say symmetrically round its just plain old round, the symmetrical part is a given

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Originally posted by EightN9ne@Sep 13 2005, 07:36 PM~3809664
I was simply trying to point out that you don't need to add the extra word in there

symmetrical means you can split it in half any way and both halves will be the same.  If you split a 6x9 oval in half what do you end up with?  Two halves that are the same

a 6x9 oval and a 6.5 circle are both symmetrical and you don't need to say symmetrically round its just plain old round, the symmetrical part is a given
thanx for the geometry lesson :uh: . . .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts