LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its getting close to car purchase time. Im really leaning towards a 60-70 convertable, but..

Car audio is my real love, and it will come first in my car.

Im really worried about bass output in a convertable. All cabin gain will be lost... argh.

any comments?? Any bumpin verts out there?

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Vert = water = no place to put subs = exposed subs that people jack = people fucking with you shit. Any questions. Unless you wanna worry every time that you go into a store or leave you shit somewhere don't think about putting high end stereo equipment into a convertable.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I HAVE A 67 RAG IMPALA W/ 3 JL 12W6 IN THE TRUNK, DIAMOND AUDIO MIDS ANDTWEETS, MTX 18000D AND MTX 6204 AND A DIAMOND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REAR SEAT FOR REAR FILL. IT HITS PRETTY HARD FOR A RAG, DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR LISTENING TO BUT HITS HARDER THAN MOST CARS.

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
Originally posted by HATERADE@Sep 12 2003, 11:43 AM
I HAVE A 67 RAG IMPALA W/ 3 JL 12W6 IN THE TRUNK, DIAMOND AUDIO MIDS ANDTWEETS, MTX 18000D AND MTX 6204 AND A DIAMOND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REAR SEAT FOR REAR FILL. IT HITS PRETTY HARD FOR A RAG, DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR LISTENING TO BUT HITS HARDER THAN MOST CARS.
DON'T LIE TO PEOPLE :cheesy:

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
DAMN I got a couple fosgate amps and 2 L5 10's for my 63 with diamond audio mids. Ill let you know how it sounds

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Actually i'm not lying to be honest my car hit louder than tony's rag all the time and was actually clear sounding. believe me homie my car hits pretty good and you can get a rag to hit just depends on if you have someone to biuld you a good box and setup

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I agree great bass be obtaines ina vert look at my 64 trunk I love the sound I get, plus you can hear it for miles.

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
Originally posted by HATERADE@Sep 13 2003, 05:32 PM
Actually i'm not lying to be honest my car hit louder than tony's rag all the time and was actually clear sounding. believe me homie my car hits pretty good and you can get a rag to hit just depends on if you have someone to biuld you a good box and setup
OH SHIT SOMEONE HIT THE CRACK PIPE AGAIN AND IS LIVING IN THE MAKE BELIEVE WORLD, ACTUALLY CLEAR SOUNDING YA RIGHT MORE LIKE EAR PEIRCING DISTORTION :0 :0 :0 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited by BIGTONY at Sep 23 2003, 10:47 PM

·
Registered
80 Posts
one way to keep more of the sound in a convertible is to mount your subs pointing to the bottom of your trunk. This can be done by adding a lip that will give your subs enough clearance so you can mount them upside down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts