LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Subs

2K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  Crazy Cutty 
#1 ·
im thinking of getting 2 12" subs in a bandpass for my accord. has anyone heard 2 12's in a bandpass in a small compact car? how did it sounds? i'll find out tomorrow. i blew my 12" kicker comp vr, so now i need some more bass. :biggrin:

#3 ·
Originally posted by milkweed@Nov 7 2003, 01:52 AM
your best bet is to got to a stereo shop and have them test fit all the different sub/box combos in your car and pick the one that you feel sounded the best.

remember quality and prober box size are the most important things to consider when buying a pre fab box,
thats what im going to do in the morning. :biggrin:

i just was woundering if anyone has heard a bandpass in a compact car... compared to 1 12"

thanks for replying. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

#5 ·
Originally posted by milkweed@Nov 7 2003, 02:04 AM
bandpass are good for getting the hole effect of bass you get some low end and some punch too i like the dual sub ones better

my friend as a dual 12 audiobahn's it sounds really good in his civic, 4 door

it shoud sound good in your accord too,
thanks for the good info.

im hoping it'll hit hard with 2 12's.

before i got 1 12", i had 2 10's, and the 1 12" hit harder.. all kicker subs..
download "throw it up" by lil jon and pastor troy, it'll pop your subs if you have it turned up. :0 :0

#6 ·
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty+Nov 7 2003, 01:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crazy Cutty @ Nov 7 2003, 01:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--milkweed@Nov 7 2003, 02:04 AM
bandpass are good for getting the hole effect of bass you get some low end and some punch too i like the dual sub ones better

download "throw it up" by lil jon and pastor troy, it'll pop your subs if you have it turned up. :0 :0[/b][/quote]
i have 4 12's in my car i hope it dosnt through them thats alot to warrenty in one day and not to mention alot of screws to remove :biggrin:

#7 ·
Originally posted by milkweed+Nov 7 2003, 02:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milkweed @ Nov 7 2003, 02:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Crazy Cutty@Nov 7 2003, 01:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--milkweed
@Nov 7 2003, 02:04 AM

download "throw it up" by lil jon and pastor troy, it'll pop your subs if you have it turned up. :0 :0
i have 4 12's in my car i hope it dosnt through them thats alot to warrenty in one day and not to mention alot of screws to remove :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
:0 , alot of subs. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
well I run a single 1200X (awc-1200X audiobahn) with a tsunami 1000d amp and I hit around 142-145 normally without burping. I also run a 5 cube box, so I guess thats cheating, but if I didnt tell you what I had, you'd say "2 12's" or "2 15's"... and the answer is always.. nope a single 1200X.

Good luck

#10 ·
well, where shall I start?

bandpass boxes sound like utter shit... end of story

look into getting a ported box, BUT, if you getting it made at the shop.. HAVE THEM MAKE IT ACCORDING TO YOUR SPECS! don't just have them slap it in some box. every type of subwoofer has it's own T/S specs, so that means that 1 sub was used to make that box. chances are, out of the thousands of subs out there... you don't have that sub...

you can get 1 decent sub, and have it sound better than having 2 shitty subs, or you can get 2 subs, and have the added 3dB difference by increase of cone area. doubling power will also give you another 3dB difference... doing both, theoretically, that will give you a 6dB increase..

#11 ·
Originally posted by Mac2118@Nov 7 2003, 03:08 PM

look into getting a ported box, BUT, if you getting it made at the shop.. HAVE THEM MAKE IT ACCORDING TO YOUR SPECS! don't just have them slap it in some box. every type of subwoofer has it's own T/S specs, so that means that 1 sub was used to make that box. chances are, out of the thousands of subs out there... you don't have that sub...

you can get 1 decent sub, and have it sound better than having 2 shitty subs, or you can get 2 subs, and have the added 3dB difference by increase of cone area. doubling power will also give you another 3dB difference... doing both, theoretically, that will give you a 6dB increase..
i agree.

#12 ·
Originally posted by Mac2118@Nov 7 2003, 02:08 PM

Would you prefer I make or have a custom box made.
I just replaced the sub, and it hits, but not what I would like for it to hit. Maybe it's just the car, but Ive heard good systems in compact cars.

I know the sub could hit harder, I just dont know how to construct a box for it. Im handy with wood and knowing how to make a box, I just wouldnt know what would sound the best before I start cutting wood.

Thanks for the reply.

#13 ·
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Nov 7 2003, 01:26 PM
well I run a single 1200X (awc-1200X audiobahn) with a tsunami 1000d amp and I hit around 142-145 normally without burping. I also run a 5 cube box, so I guess thats cheating, but if I didnt tell you what I had, you'd say "2 12's" or "2 15's"... and the answer is always.. nope a single 1200X.

Good luck
I havent seen a 5 cube box before?

Audio-bahms have huge magnets, im guessing its better than my kicker?

thanks for the reply.

#15 ·
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty@Nov 7 2003, 03:10 AM
thats song hits hard but then again just about every lil john song does

#17 ·
Originally posted by peter@Nov 10 2003, 11:04 AM
why doesnt anyone use isobaric enclosures?
To answer your question, a TRUE SOLO BARIC enclosure is round. How many people make a quality round box that you know of?

Ironic as it may be, the Kicker (stillwater designs) original solo baric sub set came with a true solobaric enclosure, then people went ghetto and started using these subs in boxes n shit. Thats where their name comes from.

But for a tru solo baric enclosure, too much effort is needed when a box can sound just as good, if not better for half the price.

#18 ·
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty+Nov 10 2003, 12:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crazy Cutty @ Nov 10 2003, 12:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mac2118@Nov 7 2003, 02:08 PM

look into getting a ported box, BUT, if you getting it made at the shop.. HAVE THEM MAKE IT ACCORDING TO YOUR SPECS!  don't just have them slap it in some box.  every type of subwoofer has it's own T/S specs, so that means that 1 sub was used to make that box.  chances are, out of the thousands of subs out there... you don't have that sub...

you can get 1 decent sub, and have it sound better than having 2 shitty subs, or you can get 2 subs, and have the added 3dB difference by increase of cone area.  doubling power will also give you another 3dB difference... doing both, theoretically, that will give you a 6dB increase..
Would you prefer I make or have a custom box made.
I just replaced the sub, and it hits, but not what I would like for it to hit. Maybe it's just the car, but Ive heard good systems in compact cars.

I know the sub could hit harder, I just dont know how to construct a box for it. Im handy with wood and knowing how to make a box, I just wouldnt know what would sound the best before I start cutting wood.

Thanks for the reply.[/b][/quote]
what sub(s) are you using

#19 ·
Originally posted by 91lacdeville@Nov 10 2003, 01:18 PM
what sub(s) are you using
1 kicker comp vr, 03 model.

it still wont hit what i want it to. maybe its my crappy trunk, but it should atleast hit real hard. :dunno:
im using 4guage wire directly from the battery. good rca jacks. high wattage amp. my ears should be hurting, but they dont all the time. :(

#22 ·
Originally posted by milkweed@Nov 11 2003, 03:18 AM
kicker recomends between 1.75 and 2.25 cubic feet of air space for a vented box

the bigger the box the lower and deeper it will hit

the smaller box will hit punchyer at a higher frequency
i must have a small box. :(

i have a bandpass box. plexiglass in the front..

#26 ·
i did my sisters system. Im not a fan of bandpass kinda a one hit wonder type of thing only good on a few notes ans sounds like ass on the rest but she wanted a badnpass cuz"it looks pretty" so we droped 2 comp VRs in it and ran a 1200watt kenwood on them in the trunk of a 95 4dr civic. Hits pretty damn hard actually. sounds allrite. Not a bad system. I also have a friend running 2 impp 12's in a bandpass in the trunk of a ghetto ass sundance hits real hard but sounds like shit. i personally wouldnt go wqith bandpass but some people like em. Its all up to what you think is best cuz after all its your ride. My fiance has the new pioneer premier 10's in a box we buitl for them anbd it sounds bad ass. 2 10s with a vent 1 1/2 inch wide and 8 inch long vertical between them. thats in a 98 civic also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.