LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Subs

903 views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  CuttieBuddie 
#1 ·
Looking to put some subs in my regal. What do you guys suggest for a whole setup that gives me decent sound but im really looking for the most bang for my buck. I'm want something on the cheap end but nothing thats crap. I was thinking about one 15" ported but I don't know much about this stuff. Links would be very helpful. Thanks again for your advice and opinions.

Collin

#3 ·
I have nothing right now, not even the amp. Im not looking to spend more than 500 and if possible about 400 dollars would be a lot easier on the pocket book. I'm not looking for anything thats going to be amazing but some solid stuff is nice.

#4 ·
Originally posted by Collin@Sep 24 2005, 12:20 PM~3876873
I have nothing right now, not even the amp. Im not looking to spend more than 500 and if possible about 400 dollars would be a lot easier on the pocket book. I'm not looking for anything thats going to be amazing but some solid stuff is nice.
You can get everything you need within your budget here...

:cheesy:

#6 ·
powerbass extremes

#7 ·
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Sep 24 2005, 11:04 AM~3876973
You can get everything you need within your budget here...

:cheesy:

haha thats so wrong :cheesy:

but that reminds me, i was walkn thru the stereo isle of wally world a couple of days ago, and they had some POS cd player for $75 that had Mp3 and USB connection! wtf! :rofl:

I do admit buying stuff from wally world, their wiring kits arent too bad of a price, and I always buy those scorche inline highpass xovers all the time for people's stock mids/highs.

But that $500 limit isnt realisitc unless you want to skimp hard and accept what you get. Im not saying it cant be done, but you're not going to put together anything thats built on new componants....maybe used if you're lucky. Id check the forums that have For Sale sections like mine and Elite Car Audio.

Skip sound domain and termpro, same scammers fequent both.

#9 ·
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 24 2005, 04:50 PM~3878366
haha thats so wrong  :cheesy:

but that reminds me, i was walkn thru the stereo isle of wally world a couple of days ago, and they had some POS cd player for $75 that had Mp3 and USB connection!  wtf! :rofl:

I do admit buying stuff from wally world, their wiring kits arent too bad of a price, and I always buy those scorche inline highpass xovers all the time for people's stock mids/highs. 
But that $500 limit isnt realisitc unless you want to skimp hard and accept what you get.    Im not saying it cant be done, but you're not going to put together anything thats built on new componants....maybe used if you're lucky.  Id check the forums that have For Sale sections like mine and Elite Car Audio. 

Skip sound domain and termpro, same scammers fequent both.
i only spent like $550 for 3 10s and 3 amps (all orion)

#11 ·
Originally posted by Collin@Sep 24 2005, 01:37 AM~3875794
Looking to put some subs in my regal. What do you guys suggest for a whole setup that gives me decent sound but im really looking for the most bang for my buck. I'm want something on the cheap end but nothing thats crap. I was thinking about one 15" ported but I don't know much about this stuff. Links would be very helpful. Thanks again for your advice and opinions.Collin
Originally posted by Collin+Sep 24 2005, 12:20 PM~3876873-->
[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Collin
@Sep 25 2005, 01:01 AM~3879611
so your telling me that an amp, a sub box, and a subwoofer will cost more that 500? I hope you dont think that I need a cd player and speakers because Im set with that, all I need is a subwoofer setup.
Say what you mean and mean what you say please...

#12 ·
Originally posted by Collin@Sep 24 2005, 12:20 PM~3876873
you dont even have an aftermarket HU???

you can get a panasonic 8401 for $220 shipped

(2) kicker comp 10's
(1)poweracoustik gothic series 520w amp
(1)poweracoustik 4 guage power kit
(1) dual chamber sealed prefab box that gives .7cuft each chamber or more
(1) bag of polyfill to stuff each chamber half full

total expense: $485

if you do have an after market HU, and it has preamp outputs for front and sub

get the same sub and amp and box(with a bag of of polyfil) as stated above
fused distribution block that takes (1) 4awg input and (2) 8 awg outputs

a pair of kicker ds series 5.25's (or what ever size fit your front doors, prolly a 6")
a power acoustik gothic series 300watt amp

also get another RCA...

and you will either be at or a LITTLE under 500 dollars...

that is the cheapest decent system setup i can think of, if its a lower quality then this, i wouldnt even waste my time...

-qs

#13 ·
Ok im sorry for the confusion and thank you for trying to stay with this post. I do have an aftermarket HU and my speakers for the inside of my car are set. All i need is the amp, the subs and the sub boxes. I was wondering if there was a good setup of just those three for about 400 or under. Im sorry for the confusion I guess I was not clear enough.

Collin

#14 ·
Originally posted by Collin@Sep 25 2005, 09:49 PM~3883054
Ok im sorry for the confusion and thank you for trying to stay with this post. I do have an aftermarket HU and my speakers for the inside of my car are set. All i need is the amp, the subs and the sub boxes. I was wondering if there was a good setup of just those three for about 400 or under. Im sorry for the confusion I guess I was not clear enough.

Collin
HELL YEH

(2) kicker 05compVr 15's dual 2ohm(500wRMS each) $250shipped
(1) Power Acoustik A1800DB Class D Amplifier with Digital Circuitry (1100wRMS x1 @2ohms) $259 shipped
(1) 4guage power kit $20.00 shipped

$529 shipped

port the box, and your gonna be HITTING HARD... even if you dont port the box and use a large sealed box, your gonna have issues with cheesing everytime the bass drops...

i know its $29 over your max, but its money well spent, you can bet that with no doubt... and you can make your own box built to kicker specs, its not that hard man, just follow directions and your good to go, if not, save up a lil more and get a kicker box... dont rush it man, if you get sloppy and go for crap, dont expect nothing in return when you turn your volume dial up( and end up buying a new system like i did)...

-qs

#16 ·
Originally posted by Collin@Sep 26 2005, 05:10 PM~3887900
Thanks cutty buddy. I will save up then get them, but do you really think that two 15 inches will be too much? Will 1 be more effective?
2 is more efficient...

look at it this way, you dont HAVE to play the subs as LOUD as they can get, you can moderate your low frequency output levels...sooner or later, your going to get use to it and its not gonna sound as loud as it use to, but then, you dont have to buy another set up becase all you have to do is re-adjust your levels, and now your loud again...

and trust, there will come a time when you have your system, that you feel the need to push it to its max...i dont know, it could be a tailgate party, maybe that guy at your job that you dont like and all day he talks about how good his system is, and all you gotta do is wait to see him walking to his car, drive by his car with your shit up and set his alarm off before he gets a chance to take the alarm off...

and i know you want the best bang for your buck right? well here it is...

it doesnt matter if you listen to rap, or rock, or heavy metal....2 15's sealed will do you good...if the music you listen to depends on accuracy, then i wouldnt port the box (ported boxes are less accurate then sealed boxes)...

and ask yourself, would you rather have more then you need and be able to lower it, or NOT have as much as you need, and not be able to increase it...

-qs

#17 ·
it doesnt matter if you listen to rap, or rock, or heavy metal....2 15's sealed will do you good...

I had 2 15's sealed back in the day in a small Datsun 510 and when the bass hit it felt like you got hit in the gut. Rock cd's, bass cd's you name it. Sounded acurate to me as well

#19 ·
Originally posted by lowsammy@Sep 26 2005, 11:22 PM~3890785
it doesnt matter if you listen to rap, or rock, or heavy metal....2 15's sealed will do you good...
I had 2 15's sealed back in the day in a small Datsun 510 and when the bass hit it felt like you got hit in the gut. Rock cd's, bass cd's you name it. Sounded acurate to me as well
yeh, thats what you get when you run sealed boxes...

i said that ported boxes are less accurate then sealed boxes, not the other way around...but some ported boxes are WAYYYYY off from others...i sampled some compvr's in a ported box made by kicker to specs for the compvr 12's and they sound really accurate and heavy on most songs... but if you were to try that song gold digger by kanye, you will get an entirely different outcome...

bass is still going and the beat has moved on...

i then sampled a 10" l5 in a prefab ported box, and lets just say if i didnt know any better, i woulda thought that the sub sucked ass like that instead of the box...

-qs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.