LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SUp people, Just ordered a set of suicide hinges for my 93 Fleetwood, being that the rear doors aren't on a straight angle, will I have to do some cutting on my doors?....thanks for the help in advance!!!

Attachments

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
take lots of progress pics............ detailed, step by step shit :0 :biggrin:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by TuCamote@Sep 12 2005, 03:54 PM~3799323
SUp people, Just ordered a set of suicide hinges for my 93 Fleetwood, being that the rear doors aren't on a straight angle, will I have to do some cutting on my doors?....thanks for the help in advance!!!

u wont have to cut much on the doors....u just weld in the new hinge were the striker was....then u switch the latches...it should only take a day tops if u are doing this one deep....holla

p.s. dont forget to have a floor jack or a friend because car doors are kinda heavy :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by big420atx@Sep 12 2005, 03:23 PM~3799975
u wont have to cut much on the doors....u just weld in the new hinge were the striker was....then u switch the latches...it should only take a day tops if u are doing this one deep....holla

p.s. dont forget to have a floor jack or a friend because car doors are kinda heavy :biggrin:
you make it sound so easy,its not as easy as just tack welding in the bracket :uh: and definetely not a one day job

·
Registered
368 Posts
it is pretty easy if you know how to weld then you know its not that hard to do...the most he will have to do is weld in some square stock inside the door to give strength to the new hinge...then he will saw-zaw a hole for the new hinge on the body...weld in a piece of plate...then weld the hinge to it, now doing the strikers is all he will need anyone for...its not a 2 day job the kits they got no are so simple to install...i remember when suicide doors use to be hell to do cuz u really had to flip all the old mounts and custom make your brackets....shit shops in town with do your door and have u ready to go by the next day....holla

·
Banned
122 Posts
Originally posted by big420atx@Sep 12 2005, 07:13 PM~3801736
it is pretty easy if you know how to weld then you know its not that hard to do...the most he will have to do is weld in some square stock inside the door to give strength to the new hinge...then he will saw-zaw a hole for the new hinge on the body...weld in a piece of plate...then weld the hinge to it, now doing the strikers is all he will need anyone for...its not a 2 day job the kits they got no are so simple to install...i remember when suicide doors use to be hell to do cuz u really had to flip all the old mounts and custom make your brackets....shit shops in town with do your door and have u ready to go by the next day....holla
:uh: PENDEJO! DOORS WILL FALL OFF IN A WEEK! :uh:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by crazystyle78+Sep 13 2005, 05:31 PM~3807568-->
u dont just weld on the hinge to the door.... u have to cut outwhere the hinge in going.... then reinforce behind the quarter panel....
[/b]

if you read my post you would see that i got all that covered...

<!--QuoteBegin-big420atx
@Sep 12 2005, 09:13 PM~3801736

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by TuCamote@Sep 14 2005, 01:18 PM~3813521
Aight, can you post a link to your post bro?....Thanks :biggrin:
say man i dont post much about car shit on this board...i just stick to swangs and texas slab shit here...but i did a write with pics years ago when i did my potna's truck...im gonna get all that shit online for u here maybe one of the mods will make it a sticky also...that way u can see that it really is an easy ass fucking install dont let the work scare u...if i can do it then i know anyone can...holla

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by big420atx@Sep 14 2005, 12:36 PM~3814023
say man i dont post much about car shit on this board...i just stick to swangs and texas slab shit here...but i did a write with pics years ago when i did my potna's truck...im gonna get all that shit online for u here maybe one of the mods will make it a sticky also...that way u can see that it really is an easy ass fucking install dont let the work scare u...if i can do it then i know anyone can...holla
anybody can drive,but driving good is a diffrent story,See where im coming from?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by big420atx@Sep 14 2005, 03:36 PM~3814023
I'm sold bro, just let me know if you able to post it here, good lookin bro!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by japSW20@Sep 14 2005, 02:58 PM~3814151
anybody can drive,but driving good is a diffrent story,See where im coming from?

shit my work speaks for me...when u see the pics that will shut you the fuck up...i mean have u even done this before...if not then why u even speaking...holla

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
waiting to see some pics...I've been a part of a crew doing suicide doors, and I'll tell ya right now...it is not a one day job...I've never done a Fleetwood, but shit if you want it done right it will take a few days..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts