LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can somebody show me some pics or technical details how to make a suicide trunk on a fleetwood!!??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by mellow@Jul 29 2005, 05:48 AM
can somebody show me some pics or technical details how to make a suicide trunk on a fleetwood!!??
[snapback]3502975[/snapback]​
The easiest way is to get the hood hinges off of a early 90's buick from a junkyard.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,994 Posts
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Jul 29 2005, 06:53 AM
The easiest way is to get the hood hinges off of a early 90's buick from a junkyard.
[snapback]3502984[/snapback]​
bro that's exactly what i want to do with mine to show off the mural......got any close up pics that you can send me?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi downlow 350 what kind of hinges did you use and do you have any pictures of it ? thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,878 Posts
Originally posted by mellow@Jul 29 2005, 07:53 AM
hi downlow 350 what kind of hinges did you use and do you have any pictures of it ? thanks
[snapback]3503162[/snapback]​
That aint mine, sorry. Only pics I found of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jul 29 2005, 07:07 AM
I love the look, but it must be a PITA to work in the trunk without taking the lid off.
[snapback]3503198[/snapback]​
That's why I like the Buick hinges. My trunk site suicide and standard.
But I like the way that Coupe looks with the hidden hinges. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,994 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jul 29 2005, 08:42 AM
Huh? :dunno:
[snapback]3503284[/snapback]​
yeah what he said............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jul 29 2005, 07:57 AM
So "site" means your trunk opens regular and suicide?

Thanks for posting the picture anyway.  I guess I figured it out now.  That is pretty cool BTW.  :thumbsup:
[snapback]3503341[/snapback]​
That's supposed to "sits". Next time I'll be more careful so as not to confuse you.
Thanks for the props
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Jul 29 2005, 07:59 AM
That's supposed to "sits".  Next time I'll be more careful so as not to confuse you.
Thanks for the props
[snapback]3503349[/snapback]​
LOL...gotcha now. ;) So those are the hood hinges off the 90s LeSabre? I remember those opened suicide, so how did you get it to open standard too? I really like that setup now that I see its dual functionality. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jul 29 2005, 08:02 AM
LOL...gotcha now.  ;)  So those are the hood hinges off the 90s LeSabre?  I remember those opened suicide, so how did you get it to open standard too?  I really like that setup now that I see  its dual functionality.  :cool:
[snapback]3503367[/snapback]​
The springs that come on the hinges from the factory are weak and the trunk wanted to close when it was open standard style. I replaced them with some stainless steel ones from Home Depot and they're a lot stiffer and hold it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jul 29 2005, 08:17 AM
Yeah, but are those the hinges from the 90s LeSabre?  I don't remember those being reversible, just suicide.
[snapback]3503430[/snapback]​
I got off a LeSabre. I think it was a 92'.
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Jul 29 2005, 08:19 AM
I got off a LeSabre.  I think it was a 92'.
[snapback]3503442[/snapback]​
OK, we're almost there...(man, I feel like a dentist! ;) ) So are those reversible stock, or did you do something to alter it? I remember those hoods being only suicide, but it's been a while since I've been under the hood of a 90's LeSabre. :cheesy:

Thanks,
Jeff
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top