LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the topic says it all... anybody has some experience with suiciding a trunk?
- can the stock hinges be re-used?
- do i need to reinforce anything?
- other tips or links perhaps?

thanks!!

S

·
0 Posts
i have a 82 cutlass and you can't reuse the hinges i have tried if you figure anything out let me know!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
WHAT YOU COULD USE IS SOME OF THOSE HINGES OFF OF THE OLD BUICKS. I BELIEVE THAT IS WHAT THEY WERE. THE HINGE MADE THE HOODS COME UP AND FOLD DOWN IN FRONT OF THE GRILLE. WELL, YOU COULD JUST TURN ONE OF THOSE AROUND BACKWARDS TO MAKE YOUR TRUNK LID DO THE SAME THING. IT SEEMS LIKE THEY WERE ON RIVIERA'S. I MIGHT BE WRONG. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT?

Last edited by locomaz at Aug 30 2003, 01:09 AM

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
MAYBE IT WAS THE CUTLASS SIERRA? OH, I CAN'T REMEMBER. YOU KNOW WHAT'S FUNNY? I ACTUALLY HAVE ONE OF THOSE HINGES RIGHT NOW AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT CAR IT IS OFF OF. :uh: I GOT THE HINGE FROM THE JUNKYARD AND IT WASN'T ON THE CAR ANYMORE, SO I DIDN'T KNOW EXACTLY WHICH CAR IT WAS. :biggrin:

Last edited by locomaz at Aug 30 2003, 01:08 AM

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats a tight pic! clears out alot.
but can those hinges also be used to make a suicide trunk like the one on "Frankenstein" from Groupe CC?? (iss 4 of Lowrider BLVD) I dont have a pic of that low but that trunk is major (it is suicide but can also be opened like stock (i think) as there are two pictures in BLVD, one with the trunk opened like stock and another with the trunk opened suicide)
Maybe need some sliderail orsomething?
I hope you know what i mean. 'cause that trunk is tha bomb.

thnks again homies.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Tinman@Sep 1 2003, 06:54 PM
heres the pic
that is the exact same hinges...........

if you want to open the trunk stock you could you would just have to unbolt the "suicide hinge" and bolt up your trunk to the stock holes...........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts