LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got these clean set of 14" real zenith wire wheels. the only problem is that thay had a little surface rust on the spokes. i got the front spokes clean but the rear spokes are a bitch. i used an s.o.s. pad to take of the rust. is there some spray or cleaner that takes off rust without messin up the chrome??? someone help.
thnx.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Originally posted by RobLBC@Jul 31 2003, 02:09 PM
Turtle Wax Chrome polish and rust remover
mothers chrome polish and a dremel tool with buffing head :biggrin:

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
yep, and eale one wire cleaner, is good too

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is this like in a paste like the mothers polish or is it a spray because most of the surface rust in on the rear spokes and its a bich to clean in between all them spokes

·
Registered
36 Posts
LOOK FOR WIRE WHEEL ACID (HYDROFLOURIC ACID) TAKES OFF RUST AND EVERYTHING ELSE!...USE GLOVES OR IT WILL TAKE OFF YOUR HANDS TOO...

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
*********EAGLE ONE WIRE WHEEL CLEANER!!!!!!!***********

·
Registered
29,008 Posts
zenith wire wheels...the real ones have stainless spokes,,,stanless doesnt rust

·
Registered
498 Posts
I sell this stuff called the bomb it is a wire wheel cleaner and rust remover spray then I also sell the barrier wich you spray on after wich keeps the rust away both sell for 20 each.once you use it you will know why it is called the bomb.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by homeboyz@Aug 2 2003, 09:52 AM
zenith wire wheels...the real ones have stainless spokes,,,stanless doesnt rust
yeah i know thats why the rust came right off with the first wash i gave them. and also these rims have been sitting outside on a 68 for about 2-3 years wit no maintnence. all the rust is off exept for the spokes in the back because i cant reach them. thats why i need a liquid rust remover

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
cut the bullshit they need to be re-dipped....take them back to zenith and get them re-dipped and repaired.. :cool: :cool: an't nothing like a CLEAN set of old skool zeniths...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
:0 Umm,what about RUST remover on GOLD WireWheels??

I need some help with what I got... :dunno:

·
1964 dos patas
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by LOWASME@May 6 2008, 10:43 PM~10594664
:0 Umm,what about RUST remover on GOLD WireWheels??

I need some help with what I got... :dunno:
You wouldn't need help if you would just sell them to me! :biggrin:

·
Registered
48 Posts
:cool: DUDE YOU KNOW WHAT WORKS GREAT IS CLR BATH AND TILE CLEANER. IT TAKES RUST OF FAUCETS SO I TRIED IT ON MY WIRES AND USED A THIN BRISTLE BRUSH THAT CAME WITH MY PAINT GUN. WORKS GREAT

·
Future Mod
41,962 Posts
Originally posted by ProHopper@Aug 2 2003, 11:02 AM~941537
I sell this stuff called the bomb it is a wire wheel cleaner and rust remover spray then I also sell the barrier wich you spray on after wich keeps the rust away both sell for 20 each.once you use it you will know why it is called the bomb.
:0

1 - 20 of 32 Posts