LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
למה אני &#1506
13,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive swapped out my front dump, 3 times last night and it still lowers as soon as i hit the switch. itll stay up if i close the shut off so i know it has be the dump thats my problem. its one of those delta dumps with the 2 wires off of it. can someone help me plz.

·
למה אני &#1506
13,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all 3 of them were dirty? is there anything else i could check for?

·
למה אני &#1506
13,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the first one i had on there was brand new and the other 2 were old.

·
למה אני &#1506
13,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Death Dealer@Aug 28 2005, 06:38 AM~3706560
cleaning it does alot for it. it could also be your slow down valve went bad.
how could the slow down go bad, and what would that have to do with my dump? if i close the slow down the car stays up

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
as far as the dump, any loose dirt on the metal can cause it to drop. usually on the side of the dump solenoid. your right about the slow down valve... I didnt read he had the car locked up with the valve closed.

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
when youre talking about as soon as you hit the switch does it drop down all the way or slowly. could be your check valve did you put it in backwards...

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by lone star@Aug 28 2005, 10:05 AM~3706637
when youre talking about as soon as you hit the switch does it drop down all the way or slowly. could be your check valve did you put it in backwards...
if it was backwards the car wouldnt lift

but ya man, make sure the check is good. the oil can only go 2 places.
1- through the dump
2- back through the check.

those shitty little checks that come with the kits have been know to break, or sometimes, its just teflon in there holding it open.

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 28 2005, 07:52 AM~3706790
if it was backwards the car wouldnt lift

but ya man, make sure the check is good.  the oil can only go 2 places.
1- through the dump
2- back through the check.
those shitty little checks that come with the kits have been know to break, or sometimes, its just teflon in there holding it open.
the car would still lift jackass.. go back to airbag forum

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by lone star@Aug 28 2005, 11:55 AM~3706994
the car would still lift jackass.. go back to airbag forum
if the check was in backwards, it would prevent fluid from reaching the cylinders.

10 minutes in the corner with the dunce cap for you, jackass

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 28 2005, 01:16 PM~3708018
if the check was in backwards, it would prevent fluid from reaching the cylinders.

10 minutes in the corner with the dunce cap for you, jackass
ive put check in backwards and the car picked up made some straining sound and would drop down real fast.....bitch :uh:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by lone star@Aug 28 2005, 04:37 PM~3708123
ive put check in backwards and the car picked up made some straining sound and would drop down real fast.....bitch  :uh:
listen here pole smoker, it sounds like you had really shitty checks then.

think in your head what a check valve does.

it only allows fluid to flow one direction.

am I correct? I am.

So, if you put it in backwards, what would happen?

the fluid would deadhead at the check and build pressure only to that point. Unless you bought some really cheap check valves which allowed some of the fluid to pass by it, it which case, quit buying cheap junk fuckface.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Death Dealer@Aug 28 2005, 04:44 PM~3708161
now, now.....
Ken is just a little upset because last time he wanted to give me a reacharound, I told him no, that it was gay. Since then he's been a little angry with me.

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 28 2005, 01:54 PM~3708214
listen here pole smoker, it sounds like you had really shitty checks then.

think in your head what a check valve does.

it only allows fluid to flow one direction.

am I correct?  I am.

So, if you put it in backwards, what would happen?

the fluid would deadhead at the check and build pressure only to that point.  Unless you bought some really cheap check valves which allowed some of the fluid to pass by it, it which case, quit buying cheap junk fuckface.
listen here cock sauce. i dont know the standards to which check valves are mandated so i cant tell you which product is sub-standard and which product is premium. i know that i used to have a monte carlo and i unknowingly put the checks on backwards, the car lifted slightly and would drop down immediately as if the dump was stuck open, in addition to making a straining sounds. i am familiar with what check valves do and the purpose they serve. so youre theory is correct. :uh: :uh: :uh: ;)

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
besides being annoyed at dan's sig and the fact that i didnt read all this..did u try to lift it with the dump coil off? it could have some sort of short send power to the dump?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts