LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
im not sure about sitting low or raising higher but i know if you keep your sway bar you side to side will be shity

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by droppen98@Nov 1 2003, 03:50 PM
im not sure about sitting low or raising higher but i know if you keep your sway bar you side to side will be shity
Will it effect anything by removing it like driving. :0

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
no i took mine off and it drives fine, but i herd that the sway bar helps for hopping but thats just what ive herd

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would leave it alone, extra support in the front is always nice. I could not tell u if it makes a difference? later homie

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
I rolled with mine forever and it was always cool. I've hit some crazy sides with it on as well as off. The reason I took mine off is because the end links jingled when I hit a bump on the road because of the worn rubber from hitting sides (and yes I did change the rubber a few times). The sway bar is designed to keep your factory suspension from swaying so when you hit sides the bar is trying to work against you. Since I took it off, I havent noticed a difference, the main thing is the jingle is gone. I guess it does hit them sides a little bit easier and if my suspension is allowed to move a little bit easier, then I'm all for it. If you're worried about removing it for reinforcement purposes, take it off and either weld or bolt (in the factory sway bar holes) a square tube, I've been wanting to do that but just haven't gotten around to it.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
like the fourth time i hit side to side my sway bar broke at the end link :angry:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Originally posted by droppen98@Nov 1 2003, 01:01 PM
no i took mine off and it drives fine, but i herd that the sway bar helps for hopping but thats just what ive herd
i wonder if it helps for hopping to anyone no?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
not sure about hopping but i know your side to side is a lot more responsive without it

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by westrides+Nov 2 2003, 08:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (westrides @ Nov 2 2003, 08:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--droppen98@Nov 1 2003, 01:01 PM
i wonder if it helps for hopping to anyone no?[/b][/quote]
it dosent help the hop... just cleaner to take it off if your hoppin' the car alot cuz it gets fucked from the suspension traveling extremely fast...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts