LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SYCHOTIK
Joined
·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My switch box power wire when it is hooked up to the batterys the wire just melts and the switch box smokes need help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,802 Posts
how many pumps r u running. also make sure ur not using some thin ass wire for ur 24 volt. i would reccommend 12 guage wire and bigger. also make sure all ur connnections are good. and nothing is touching also make sure ur actually running it to 24 volts lol. how many batteries are u running.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Oct 15 2007, 02:50 AM~9002539
how many pumps r u running. also make sure ur not using some thin ass wire for ur 24 volt.  i would reccommend 12 guage wire and bigger.  also make sure all ur connnections are good. and nothing is touching also make sure ur actually running it to 24 volts lol.  how many batteries are u running.
I SEEN SOMEONE RUN 60V TO THE SWITCH PANEL AND EVERYTIME THEY HIT A SWITCH ,THAT SWITCH WOULD POP
 

·
SYCHOTIK
Joined
·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4 pumps 8 batterys 2 banks thanks for the help so far I will try the bigger wire
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by 4PUMPEDMONTE@Oct 15 2007, 09:17 AM~9003411
4 pumps 8 batterys 2 banks thanks for the help so far I will try the bigger wire
is it just a wire that melts constantly,if so that means its grounded out somewhere
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Oct 15 2007, 09:40 AM~9003491
is it just a wire that melts constantly,if so that means its grounded out somewhere
x2...... I had that happening and found that my switch wire was pinched in the back. Everytime I would hook up a new wire it would just melt and smoke like yours is doing. Try tracing out the wire and make sure its not pinched somewhere or grounding out on something.
 

·
SYCHOTIK
Joined
·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks guy i will try all of this
 

·
SYCHOTIK
Joined
·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
everything worked thanks everyone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,097 Posts
:thumbsup:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top