LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my switchbox has been working perfect for the past year and a half and now all of a sudden any switch that includes my front left corner, does not work. these switches include pancake, left side, and of course the front left corner. my side to side switch does work though, except for my front left corner doesnt lift.. at first i thought maybe it would be a switch, but i dont see how 3 switches could go out at once. the wires are all wired in together so if it were a switch, i dont know why the others would stop working either. then i thought it was my wireing might be loose. i checked my wireing pretty much from the little circuit board in my trunk all the way to my switchbox and it all seems to be tight with no cut wires. its the tanish/brownish wire in my harness and turns brown once its in the switchbox. i did notice at first when it was going out, that one time it didnt want to work, i pulled over and hit a few switches to shake up my car. after that, it worked for the rest of the night. i parked my car and the next morning it didnt work again.

the weird thing is that the "dump" side of the switch works fine (i can hear it working) but the side that controls the "up" motion does not.

my brother knows how to wire up switchboxes but he's busy with his new house. any info you guys with experience with all would be appreiacted. there is a car show this weekend and if i cant get it going by then, i dont think im going to go :uh: .

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
im guessing u have a 4 pumps
have u tested to see if u got the power comming from the switchbox on that front left leed. setup.if no then check and make sure u have it going into the box. and from it's first point in the box to the next and so on and so on.simple as testing for the voltage to GND. trace it out that way.
layta

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually i have bags. its all wired the same though but since i know there a lot more people in this forum i thought i'd ask here. i have checked to see if im getting power at the valve though, and no im not. for some dumb reason, i havent checked to see if im getting power all throughout the wire. i will do that now though, thanks.

i have a feeling though that the wire is not getting power even at the distribution point in my trunk, if i check there and im not getting power, then what can be the problem? just asking ahead of time..

·
Registered
712 Posts
like the last guy said it sounds like a power distribution issue.

and like they say about bags.........

they give you a smoother ride :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

robert told me i should give you a hard time...... :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
lol

ballerinas dance........ :biggrin:

hoppers hop...... :)

just playin homie......i like both juice and air.

and some of these air dancers can't be fuct with if they got their rythym down...

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by juiced@Sep 8 2005, 07:52 PM~3779670
like the last guy said it sounds like a power distribution issue.

and like they say about bags.........
they give you a smoother ride  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
robert told me i should give you a hard time...... :)
:biggrin:
Sorry Leo :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by juiced@Sep 9 2005, 12:01 AM~3779757
lol

ballerinas dance........ :biggrin:

hoppers hop...... :)
just playin homie......i like both juice and air.

and some of these air dancers can't be fuct with if they got their rythym down...
i prefer a dancer over a hopper any day. not much excitement in seeing a hopper IMO. a good dancer can hop not only the front but also the back and sides. it can hop the whole car, hop corners, etc etc. after seeing a good dancer get down, how can you still get excited watching a hopper hop only the front?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got it figured out and as able to make it to the show, dance my car, AND BEND BOTH MY QUARTER PANELS, alright!!!

turned out to be that as i was messing with the wires inside my switchbox, i found that SOMEBODY had cut off some of the plastic around one of the wires and simply looped another wire around it then put electrical tape around it. it wasnt making a good connection so i crimped it al together like it should have been in the first place. i asked the people that worked on my box if they did it and they all dont recall doing something like that. if they didnt do it, then it was like that when i bought it. and for the record, i bought the box off of Fernando, he gets on here...

i also found that another problem was some wires i had running through my floor panels under the back seat leading to my valves, had the plastic around them worn out and had started to ark out. fixed that also and has not given me any more problems since. :cheesy:

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by Moco@Sep 11 2005, 11:41 PM~3796595
got it figured out and as able to make it to the show, dance my car, AND BEND BOTH MY QUARTER PANELS, alright!!!

turned out to be that as i was messing with the wires inside my switchbox, i found that SOMEBODY had cut off some of the plastic around one of the wires and simply looped another wire around it then put electrical tape around it.  it wasnt making a good connection so i crimped it al together like it should have been in the first place.  i asked the people that worked on my box if they did it and they all dont recall doing something like that.  if they didnt do it, then it was like that when i bought it.  and for the record, i bought the box off of Fernando, he gets on here...

i also found that another problem was some wires i had running through my floor panels under the back seat leading to my valves, had the plastic around them worn out and had started to ark out.  fixed that also and has not given me any more problems since.  :cheesy:
Well based on how fucked up the wiring was on your box to begin with I'll put money on it that "Fernando" did that peel and wrap job on the wiring. Like I told you a few days ago, I don't do that shit! I just rewired it all so that it can work right when you first installed it. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.