LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by tupacrida4life@Sep 12 2005, 08:42 PM~3802374
Only need one for 4 switches

simply look at the diagram and wire just 4 switches up, the diagram shows you how to wire 10, but you can wire 7 or 4 or 8 or 2 or whatever if desired, once you the general idea, you could wire a million switches, its easy... ;)

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
in total your gonna have seven wires coming from the switch cord. two of them are used for front and back solenoids. Four are your dump wires, and the last one is your main power wire.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
then you should have have only 5 wires. two for dumps, two for solenoids, and one for power. you dont even need a six prong switch for your front and back. you can have front, back (both with a three prong), pancake (with a six prong), and seesaw if you want it (with a six prong).

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got 2 3 prongs and 2 12 prongs, I could do it wit 6 prongs?

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Originally posted by tupacrida4life@Sep 13 2005, 07:32 PM~3808471
I've got 2 3 prongs and 2 12 prongs, I could do it wit 6 prongs?
Ok, use the two three prongs for your front and back. Use the 12 prongs for your pancake and seesaw. Your only gonna use six of the prongs that are one the twelve prong switch.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need some one to draw me up a diagram, I am oblivious to the wiring part of switches

·
Registered
614 Posts
Just take it one wire at a time.. Start with your switch power wire. It goes to all center prongs. Then, take your front pump/solenoid wire. Take it to every switch that will use it. Then take your front dump wire, your rear pump/solenoid, then your rear dump.

What do you want to accomplish? With only 2 dumps, you're sorta limited to front/back. Can't do side/side with just 2 dumps. Buy yourself 2 more dumps, it will be worth it. Besides, with just 2 dumps, you'll have hella roll when goin around corners.

Wait a sec.... you sell Red's, and you can't wire a switchbox??

Reds Hydraulics, to order hit me with a pm of what you need[/b]

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by SlammedNiss@Sep 13 2005, 11:10 PM~3810685
Just take it one wire at a time.. Start with your switch power wire. It goes to all center prongs. Then, take your front pump/solenoid wire. Take it to every switch that will use it. Then take your front dump wire, your rear pump/solenoid, then your rear dump.

What do you want to accomplish? With only 2 dumps, you're sorta limited to front/back. Can't do side/side with just 2 dumps. Buy yourself 2 more dumps, it will be worth it. Besides, with just 2 dumps, you'll have hella roll when goin around corners.

Wait a sec.... you sell Red's, and you can't wire a switchbox??
I dont have any side to side whatso ever, I have a swing axle in back so that only goes forwards and backwards, and the front are struts. Yeah I can wire one up, never done one wit thiskind of setup. And one more thing, most of the eople I sell to, don't need to re wire their boxes so I don't do it alot.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
this is from layitlow it was a 10 switch i redone it too show you a 4 switch diagram how your wanting it ;)

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Originally posted by HydroCutlass86@Sep 14 2005, 02:51 PM~3814112
this is from layitlow it was a 10 switch i redone it too show you a 4 switch diagram how your wanting it  ;)
the only thing wrong with that is, he only has to dumps. the way thats wired up is for 4.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Originally posted by Death Dealer@Sep 14 2005, 01:56 PM~3814133
the only thing wrong with that is, he only has to dumps. the way thats wired up is for 4.

my bad i didnt see that ;) thanks for noticeing that

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok thanks guys, I just got done wiring the switchbox and wiring it into my setup, it works great. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts