LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help with wireing switches?

I have a 4 switches under my dash F,B,S,S, but when i want to verse somebody in a hop i dont want to take out the switch panel. Is there a way to have a switch that I can connect/disconnet any time i want and still have my switches in the car.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
yes just wire a seperate connector off the front switch and have a plug for your switch cord or you could run 2 banks of sols in the trunk 1 for low voltage for street play and then 1 at a bigger voltage for when its time to serve

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Nov 28 2008, 09:36 PM~12284845
yes just wire a seperate connector off the front switch and have a plug for your switch cord or you could run 2 banks of sols in the trunk 1 for low voltage for street play and then 1 at a bigger voltage for when its time to serve
Dont be trying to lie u serve with either switch :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
haha ive only got 3 switches 2 for the rear n the switch cord :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Originally posted by bigkev_21@Nov 28 2008, 08:54 PM~12284459
Can anybody help with wireing switches?

I have a 4 switches under my dash F,B,S,S, but when i want to verse somebody in a hop i dont want to take out the switch panel. Is there a way to have a switch that I can connect/disconnet any time i want and still have my switches in the car.

On our cars we wire in a switch cord with plugs off of an extension cord so it is easily removable

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by Pjay@Nov 28 2008, 08:50 PM~12284983
On our cars we wire in a switch cord with plugs off of an extension cord so it is easily removable

Yeah extension cords work best cut the cord so u can plug it in and hop it's 3 wires and so should be your switch for the front. It will be up(solenoids to front) power(24 volt turn on) and dump(dump power) then u can have your switch panel wired to however many batteries and your hopping cord another. I usually run it like my other switch wire and have the plug it sitting in the back seat and than plug it and serve

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Nov 28 2008, 08:36 PM~12284845

do u have a pic or diagram of this. just curious :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by dtysthriderz@Nov 29 2008, 07:52 AM~12287101
do u have a pic or diagram of this. just curious  :biggrin:
i think this is correct, i could be wrong, please excuse my poor skills at paint.....

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
:|

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
this would b double switch'in i guess

:confused: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by dtysthriderz@Nov 29 2008, 06:28 PM~12290273

:confused:  :dunno:  :dunno:  :dunno:  :dunno:
I've been told about that before :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Originally posted by dtysthriderz@Nov 29 2008, 06:28 PM~12290273

:confused:  :dunno:  :dunno:  :dunno:  :dunno:
yeah that would work that way your frontis at 72v for everyday play and the switch cord is at 96 for servin

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
or u could do it this way 4 a hopper too

or

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
or this

or

it comes n all flavors. :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
yeah that is all correct for a single pump ,but it is a little erelevant for the topic lol

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
:uh: :uh: :dunno: lol...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts