LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i have a 4 fuse distribution block for my switches. I currently am only using three of the terminals, since im only powering three switches, one fuse for the EDC @ 10amps and 2 fuses for two switches @ 5 amps.

Fairly soon i will be putting bags in the front and having a total of 5 switches, 1 EDC switch and 4 switches for the bags. So my question is;

can i run two bag switches to one fuse and two to another so that i dont have to buy another junction box and i can save space???? Please help me with my wiring question. Hopefully its clear enough.

Thanks,
Rick

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
I never used fuses to my switches. I also daisy'd them. Right now on my Blazer I have 2 valves hooked up to a 3 pole Carling. Works great and no problems at all. imo, you don't need to put a fuse to the switches.

If anything, to keep them all together, just daisy chain the main power line to all of them. Then from there just daisy the valves to the desired poles of the switches. Also I am hoping that you are using Carling switches, those don't stick like the AIM ones do.

If you still confused or need me to make a diagram I'll do so... it's fun for me and I'm more of a visual person myself anyways.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you can make a diagram that would be great! On this forum i was recommended to use fuses to keep the switches from burning out, ive had a couple do that. i have a hot in straight from the battery, 4 fuse junction (using only 3 fuses) and three switches.

I plan on having one switch for each corner and an on off for the EDC. Can you make that diagram? Thanks.

·
14,255 Posts
You can use one fuse line for the switches though. You don't have to have one fuse per switch, then you'd need a bunch of dist. blocks and such.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you sir! so it is safe to run all four even 5 switches off the same fuse? i suck at electrics.

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by thapachuco@Oct 30 2007, 10:26 PM~9119232
thank you sir! so it is safe to run all four even 5 switches off the same fuse? i suck at electrics.
yup, you can run 18 or even more switches. Just daisy chain he wiring and your good to go.

·
14,255 Posts
no problem. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts