LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wana order switches but dont kno the diffrence between three prong switches and 12 prong .... is there really a diffrence .... can i use any prong switch on any setup or instalation
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by aguacatio@Jan 3 2009, 09:28 PM~12596779
i wana order switches but dont kno the diffrence between three prong switches and 12 prong .... is there really a diffrence .... can i use any prong switch on any setup or instalation
3 prong switch controls a single pump and single dump..

6 prong switch controls a single pump with 2 dumps, or 2 seperate pumps with 2 seperate dumps

12 prong switch controls 4 pumps with 4 dumps...

if u want front, back and side to side moves then u need 6 prong switches....if u want control over the individual dump corner, but its 1 pump with 2 dumps, then u would use a 3 prong switch which would still activate the pump, but allows u to dump that corner only....or if u want to control a single pump with a single dump then u use a 3 prong as well...the 12 prong switch is used to control seasaw and pancake moves
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im getting a 2 pump 4 dump 8 batterie setup ..... what switches do i need ......can i do three wheel motion with this setup??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,414 Posts
if you look at switch wiring diagrams, it will tell you how many poles you need for each move.

like if you have 2 pumps and 4 dumps, a switch for pancake is going to need a center line fore power coming in, that will feed both side of the switch. When lifting the car, you have 2 pumps to activate, so thats 2 poles,one to each solenoid bank. and to dump the whole car, since you have 4 dumps, you will have a prong to every dump, individually

if you have a switch to lift just the rear, one side needs one prong for the pump solenoids, the other side needs 2 prongs, one for each dump.

so on and so on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finally i understand the switch diagram ... thnx ... is it possible to do the three wheel motion tho with that setup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,129 Posts
Originally posted by aguacatio@Jan 3 2009, 09:19 PM~12597869
finally i understand the switch diagram ... thnx ... is it possible to do the three wheel motion tho with that setup

MY NOOB ANSWER WOULD BE THAT IT DEPENDS ON HOW YOUR WEIGHT IS DISTRIBUTED....MORE OR LESS....AND IF YOU SET UP YOUR SWITCHES TO BE ABLE TO DUMP INDIVIDUAL CORNERS.....


KINGFISH WOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU ALOT BETTER THEN I COULD :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i use the same setup like in the tech switch instalation setup for 10 switches 2 pumps 4 dumps can i three wheel with it stationary and moving three .... eight batteries in the trunk 4 in da left of the trunk 4 on the other right side can i 3 wheel ????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,129 Posts
Originally posted by aguacatio@Jan 3 2009, 09:38 PM~12598042
if i use the same setup like in the tech switch instalation setup for 10 switches 2 pumps 4 dumps can i three wheel with it stationary and moving three .... eight batteries in the trunk 4 in da left of the trunk 4 on the other right side  can i 3 wheel ????????
ONE THING I'VE LEARNED HOMIE IS THAT YOU HAVE TO GO THRU TRIAL AND ERROR.....MAY NOT BE THE BEST ADVICE BUT IT'S WHAT I'VE LEARNED :cool:

DEPENDS ON HOW THE WEIGHT IS DISTRIBUTED AND HOW YOUR HYDROS ARE GOING TO BE SETUP....WITH 8 BATTS YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET WHAT YOU WANT.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i understand wat u mean foo .. i gott learn on my own i cnt get everything handed to me lol thnx anyway
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top