LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after 4 years of use and abuse I finally popped my first bag. So now I am in the market for some new bags for the front of my 96 town car. I want to go with the RE6 but I have some concerns.

My main concern is that the Firestone bag has a max height of 7" and the RE6 has a max height of 11". I am afraid of "over extending" the front end. Is there anything I need to make sure this doesnt happen.

I also dont like the fact that the installed height is 1.25" taller on the RE6 compared to the Firestone

Also a few other things. Should I buy new fittings or reuse the ones I have? And lastly is it worth switching to the SS bags or should I just replace the blown 2500 and keep it movin since I have had such good fortune with them.

Any help or pointers would be great thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by JOE(CAPRICE)68+Mar 23 2010, 08:47 AM~16971255-->
the re6 is 10'' hight max..Overall stroke is 7.1.........http://www.slamspecialties.com/home.html
[/b]
You are right I accidentally looked at the RE7 not the RE6

Originally posted by JOE(CAPRICE)[email protected] 23 2010, 08:52 AM~16971279
also was told that the ss was a cheaper model??but I don't know anything about them
When I said SS I was just using it in short of Slam Specialties not the SS line

<!--QuoteBegin-JOE(CAPRICE)68
@Mar 23 2010, 08:56 AM~16971298
fuck glad I made my order last week..The Re bags are going up in price$15~20 more!!
How much did you pay??? I have found them anywhere from $65 to $105 new

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
You'll be fine

I'd actually go w/ a 7" bag even if you had to do a little bit more cutting bigger bag=less psi it takes to lift.

As for over extending.Your suspension will only extend as far as your upper control arm will allow before it hit's the frame

If the air fittings were fine when you took them off the blown bag they'll be fine on a new one

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Meh I am not worried about that I dont want to do any cutting or nothing of that sort I want to do a direct replacement/swap. I am very pleased with the way it has performed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts