LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 96 Fleetwood and i am wanting to put 2 or 3 12's. I would like them to face the trunk and have them built into my trunk so it will look nice not all fancy and shit but just nice. Also, dat way i can get some of my trunk space back cuz this damn box takes up all the space. If i take it to a Sounds Shop or somethin' do you guys think they'll do a good job and make it look good.? I'm in Chicago so if anyone knows a good place in Chicago please let me know.

Ex. That two door Fleetwood that homie's made is a good example of how i want my trunk to look. The subs look nice in there the way they are.

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
63,046 Posts
i imagine that they you could find a place to do it but i wouldn't be surprised if they charge you a fortune just to do it though. Remember that in a Fleetwood that when you pound your shit in that trunk that there is little air flow leading to the interior so most of the air from the bass will exit out of the bottom rocker panels making your shit shake very bad. Yes use that dynamat shit and it could be a good idea to make a port between the 6x9's so your subs can ''breath'' a lil better.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Keepit-real@Nov 20 2003, 04:00 PM
i imagine that they you could find a place to do it but i wouldn't be surprised if they charge you a fortune just to do it though. Remember that in a Fleetwood that when you pound your shit in that trunk that there is little air flow leading to the interior so most of the air from the bass will exit out of the bottom rocker panels making your shit shake very bad. Yes use that dynamat shit and it could be a good idea to make a port between the 6x9's so your subs can ''breath'' a lil better.
yeah i fell ya man, but any idead how much just to build in the boards and all that shit?

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by cleAn85@Nov 20 2003, 03:28 PM
yeah i fell ya man, but any idead how much just to build in the boards and all that shit?
I would say in the 200-250 range for a box with some coverboard work. Like if you wanted it to be flush with your rear deck so you can't see the sides of the box.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Nov 20 2003, 10:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Nov 20 2003, 10:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cleAn85@Nov 20 2003, 03:28 PM
I would say in the 200-250 range for a box with some coverboard work. Like if you wanted it to be flush with your rear deck so you can't see the sides of the box.[/b][/quote]
yup somethin' like dat just have the subs facing the trunk or the interior but like you said, have them be flush against the back of the trunk so i can have space in the front of the trunk.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by cleAn85+Nov 21 2003, 02:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cleAn85 @ Nov 21 2003, 02:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2003, 10:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--cleAn85
@Nov 20 2003, 03:28 PM

I would say in the 200-250 range for a box with some coverboard work. Like if you wanted it to be flush with your rear deck so you can't see the sides of the box.
yup somethin' like dat just have the subs facing the trunk or the interior but like you said, have them be flush against the back of the trunk so i can have space in the front of the trunk.[/b][/quote]
just a box would prolly be around the 100 range, depending on what it was. But if you want the coverboard, that'll run around the 200-250 range. I did the same thing in my cavalier, and it's a bitch cutting around all those little curves in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by originales@Nov 22 2003, 02:20 AM
every big body i've ever heard with subs rattles like a tin can full of stones,, some sound deadening is a must.
ooooh no doubt about that!!! Yeah it sounds horrible, especially because my rocker panels are kinda loose but trust me homie i don't pound my shit like that so people can say that shit is nasty.

·
Registered
63,046 Posts
Originally posted by cleAn85+Nov 22 2003, 01:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cleAn85 @ Nov 22 2003, 01:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--originales@Nov 22 2003, 02:20 AM
every big body i've ever heard with subs rattles like a tin can full of stones,, some sound deadening is a must.
ooooh no doubt about that!!! Yeah it sounds horrible, especially because my rocker panels are kinda loose but trust me homie i don't pound my shit like that so people can say that shit is nasty.[/b][/quote]
thats why i say to build a port to let the air flow go into the interior so it doesn't escape through the rockers or trunk. It would pound hard and will make less noise

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Keepit-real+Nov 22 2003, 10:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Keepit-real @ Nov 22 2003, 10:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2003, 01:31 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--originales
@Nov 22 2003, 02:20 AM

ooooh no doubt about that!!! Yeah it sounds horrible, especially because my rocker panels are kinda loose but trust me homie i don't pound my shit like that so people can say that shit is nasty.
thats why i say to build a port to let the air flow go into the interior so it doesn't escape through the rockers or trunk. It would pound hard and will make less noise[/b][/quote]
Exactly! If you port it through the rear deck, and seal it up nice and tight around the port, 100% of the bass will be in the cabin of the vehicle, thus resulting in little to no rattles in the trunk.

·
Registered
35 Posts
all cadi's have a metal plate behind the back seat, thats why the bass don't travel that good. try to remove it your self. if your cadi has the automatic trunk close find the fuse for it and when it is about all the way shut remove it this will let the bass ecsape and reduce the rattling. buy your equipment your self. (ebay) that is the best flea market out there and cheap for good quality. try square kickers. also keep in mind the more stuff that you provide or do your self the less you have to pay for. good luck

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by butusov@Nov 22 2003, 11:09 PM
all cadi's have a metal plate behind the back seat, thats why the bass don't travel that good. try to remove it your self. if your cadi has the automatic trunk close find the fuse for it and when it is about all the way shut remove it this will let the bass ecsape and reduce the rattling. buy your equipment your self. (ebay) that is the best flea market out there and cheap for good quality. try square kickers. also keep in mind the more stuff that you provide or do your self the less you have to pay for. good luck
yeah i feel ya on that one homie, thanks for the info!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts