LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you put a system in 64 impala. where do you put the speakers and what size speakers do u use. :cool:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
You have alot of options. You can either buy the kicks with the speakers already in them, and I would go wtih some 6 X 9's in the back. But first things you need to think about. Budget, Equipment, what you are willing to sacrafice. Hit me back, I got a couple that I am working on right now.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where do the back speakers go. what do you mean by sacrifice. by kicks do u mean the things that go on the bottom of the door panal and will these get in the way or stick out. :cool:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
No I am talking about the Kick panels where you vents go, they have aftermarket panels for your car, and you can mount the 6 X 9's across the back deck, I have seen 4 back there. But you have to do some cutting. I would leave the Door pannel alone because those are expensive to replace. But it depends on what you are looking for, how much bass, do your have Hydros. Alot of things go into the design.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do they cover the ac vents or replace them and can you use it with ac.i was only gonna put one sub in the trunk and mabey 2 or three pump set up down the line. :cool:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
No they do not cover the vents, they are still blows out, if you are planning on a sub box, then you have two choice, you can try to squeeze it between the Cylinders, or you can use the cavity for the spare tire to create a box, then put the Pumps just forward so that if you have an accident you don't mess up anything.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by sidewinder107@Jan 11 2004, 02:09 AM
what up dirtywhiteboy long time no talk hows that sub doing man
What up homie, yeah no shit. Actually I was looking at getting it done when it get back from sea, I got a sick ported design that I wanna try out on it. But that is a scary sub homie. Everyone looks at it and is like damn. How is the amp doing.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Jan 11 2004, 09:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Jan 11 2004, 09:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--sidewinder107@Jan 11 2004, 02:09 AM
what up dirtywhiteboy long time no talk hows that sub doing man
What up homie, yeah no shit. Actually I was looking at getting it done when it get back from sea, I got a sick ported design that I wanna try out on it. But that is a scary sub homie. Everyone looks at it and is like damn. How is the amp doing.[/b][/quote]
its doing good man i sold it to my bro he likes it a lot ya man that is a hell of a sub i miss it everyday :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
I have an extra set of kick panels if you would like to buy them.....

I have
2 - 6's in the kick panels
2 - tweets in the upper window pillars
2 - horns in the rear arm rests
2 - 6x9's in the rear speaker deck
2 - Fosgate 15's in the trunk

;) :cool:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
the stock sound system in a 64 would be a single speaker in the rear aiming forward,right?

most people put a pair or 2 of 6x9s on the rear dash.dont ask me why,i think thats the stupidest thing you could do.
look at having some door pods made so you can have some 5.25 or 6.5" mids in the doors. more out of the way than kickpanels and the imaging is good enough and there is potential for upgradses there (doing work in the door for good bass from the mids, etc.)

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jan 21 2004, 11:48 AM
the stock sound system in a 64 would be a single speaker in the rear aiming forward,right?

most people put a pair or 2 of 6x9s on the rear dash.dont ask me why,i think thats the stupidest thing you could do.
look at having some door pods made so you can have some 5.25 or 6.5" mids in the doors. more out of the way than kickpanels and the imaging is good enough and there is potential for upgradses there (doing work in the door for good bass from the mids, etc.)
2 6x9's in the rear deck is used in my case because with 2 - 15's all you'll hear is bass..........the 6x9's provide the mids that is required to balance out the system...........the 6's in my front door provide the highs along with my tweets and horns........

:uh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts