LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a new cd player to replace another aftermarket cd player that worked fine except the rca's came loose and makes alot of distorted noises. I just got a pioneer mp3 cd player and installed it pretty quickly.... it powers up and everything... even the subs work with the rcas... but none of my door speakers work. i hook them up directly to the cdplayer not to an amp .... and my subs usually have some sort of vocals to them but they only play the bass. i dont know if i hooked something up wrong when installing the cd player or some setting is messed up on it..... or i hope its not a bunk cd player.

has anyone had a problem like this or know where i can fix it? its a pioneer premier 550mp or something like that. and my subs are mtx thunder 6000 with a rockford fosgate amp. please help!

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Check and make sure that you don't have a wire grounding out in the speaker leads. As for the vocals coming out of the subs, it sounds like you need to turn the frequency on your x-over down.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
na... i figured out that the damn speaker outputs on the deck are bad and i would need to service it for 80 dollars or use an amp and the rcas would work fine. fuck... i dont know how to do this shit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts