LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know on how to make a system hit clean, loud and hard for a 99 Accord? im sure having the best equipment would help, but what else would make it better.
Do you guys think a solobaric with a good amp would help more?
My 12" Kicker doesnt hit what I would like for it to hit. What would you guys suggest? What amp would be good for a solobaric?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
480 Posts
make sure you have the proper box built and also a 600.1 kicker amp would kicks ass. also make sure u have a cap, and 4 guage power wire

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Kurupt K@Aug 26 2003, 03:06 PM
make sure you have the proper box built and also a 600.1 kicker amp would kicks ass. also make sure u have a cap, and 4 guage power wire
Do you think a cap. and wire would make a big difference?

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
i think a proper enclosure built to specs would make a HUGE difference. Get a custom built box for the speakers, not one pre made. just my opinion.

·
Registered
270 Posts
those are all good suggestions, but u should try moving the sub around in the trunk and firing in different directions

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by RedDog@Aug 26 2003, 04:18 PM
i think a proper enclosure built to specs would make a HUGE difference. Get a custom built box for the speakers, not one pre made. just my opinion.
I was thinking of that too.

Thanks for all the answers. :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a majestic 1500 watt amp yesterday with 4 guage wire directly from the battery. I used all good cable too. I installed it last night and I hope it sounds different. Couldnt play it loud because I have neighbors and Im sure they would get made at 2am. :(

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
buy my system

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty+Aug 26 2003, 04:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crazy Cutty @ Aug 26 2003, 04:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Kurupt K@Aug 26 2003, 03:06 PM
Do you think a cap. and wire would make a big difference?[/b][/quote]
Skip the cap...it wil hurt you more than it will help. If you are experiencing difficuties with your electrical system, you should address the source, the altenator.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a simple system in my 98 honda accord daily driver. For the head unit I use a clarion pro audio cd player speakers I got all Memphis studios 6.5” components with tweeters & 6x9’s in the back. For the woofer I use an orion extreme XTR 15” in a custom built band pass box. The box doesn’t use a round port it has a large square port & hits harder than most 12’s I hear. For the amp I used lanzar vibe 1000w 4ch amp with 2ch pushing the highs & the other 2 bridged to the woofer. I used the built in crossovers for a while & the system was surprisingly clean. But I went a head & added a coustic cross over any way. This system sounds clean hits hard & wont cause you to do any electrical upgrades.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts