LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
No, but most do box it. It's not a load bearing bar, so there isn't alot of stress on it. But it's up to the person. I've boxed them in on most of my installs per the customers request. Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by Hydrogirl@Dec 27 2003, 11:09 PM
No, but most do box it. It's not a load bearing bar, so there isn't alot of stress on it. But it's up to the person. I've boxed them in on most of my installs per the customers request. Hope this helps
I agree with this

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by Hydrogirl@Dec 27 2003, 11:09 PM
I agree with this,,Maybe just do the ears(around the holes)

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Originally posted by 64+Dec 27 2003, 09:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (64 @ Dec 27 2003, 09:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hydrogirl@Dec 27 2003, 11:09 PM
I agree with this,,Maybe just do the ears(around the holes)[/b][/quote]
not hatin homes, but how do you reinforce around the "ears", the trailing arm would'nt fit back in the bracket? would it?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by westsidehydros+Dec 27 2003, 11:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (westsidehydros @ Dec 27 2003, 11:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 09:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Hydrogirl
@Dec 27 2003, 11:09 PM

not hatin homes, but how do you reinforce around the "ears", the trailing arm would'nt fit back in the bracket? would it?[/b][/quote]
couldnt you weld to the outside of the ears?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Dec 27 2003, 09:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Dec 27 2003, 09:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 11:27 PM

not hatin homes, but how do you reinforce around the "ears", the trailing arm would'nt fit back in the bracket? would it?
couldnt you weld to the outside of the ears?[/b][/quote]
don't they have to fit into a bracket that is just wider than the bar itself?
:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Dec 27 2003, 09:59 PM
ya, im thinking of welding plate steel to the outsides of the mounting bracket... maybe were thinking of something different..
that seems like a way better idea :thumbsup:
:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
that makes more sense. The bushing just fits into the bracket, any "plating" around this bushing, and it won't fit. If you wanted to get a little crazy, you could weld steal on the inside walls of the trailing arm, up to the bushing, than cap it for looks., I think they're capped so they don't flex when 3 wheel, not necessarily for weight bearing.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Originally posted by westsidehydros+Dec 27 2003, 11:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (westsidehydros @ Dec 27 2003, 11:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

not hatin homes, but how do you reinforce around the "ears", the trailing arm would'nt fit back in the bracket? would it?[/b][/quote]
not hatin westside but if you cut the peices for the holes and make and weld the patterns to weld on the inside of the bar you should be ok right? :dunno:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts