LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a topic like this before but i couldnt find it! I'm wanting to get a set of 13x7 daytons powdercoated to match the paint colors that i will be doing on my car! Any shops out there have confidence in dis-assembling and re- assembling the RIGHT WAY? Daytons rate on this is very expensive. You have to realize theres important reasons why I just cant sell them and get some 13 inch colored chinas, for one chinas rub like hell on a 80-84 coupe deville unless you shorten the axle and my axle is already reinforced and chromed, and the other reason being my D's are flawless! :cool: Thanks any helpful info will be apprciated! :cool:

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
shit i wouldnt sell some real Daytons for chinas under any circumstance unless you wanna hustle backwards.

Final Fantasy I believe breaks down real Daytonas and gives them a makeover.

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Skim@Aug 17 2006, 06:02 PM~5989016
shit i wouldnt sell some real Daytons for chinas under any circumstance unless you wanna hustle backwards.

Final Fantasy I believe breaks down real Daytonas and gives them a makeover.
Me neither homie! I need to hit albert up I spoke with him before on this I beileve! I just wanted to know if It can be done the right way with the nipples facing the same way like before! :cool:

·
INGLOURIOUS BASTERD
14,741 Posts
FINAL FANTACY PM'd ME AND SAID HE COULD BUT WHEN I SAID I NEEDED A GUARANTEE ON HIS WORK AND ON LEAKS HE NEVER RESPONDED BACK :dunno:

Message Forwarded From Final Fantacy L.A. Re:colored wheels, Jun 2 2006, 12:09 AM

whats up bro i could do those for $500.00 thats taken apart powdercoated spokes,trued and resealed let me know....
THAT SOUNDS A LOT BETTER THAT WHAT DAYTON WAS TALKING ABOUT. WHAT DO YOU THING SHIPPING IS GONNA RUN ME AND ABOUT HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE.
let me get your zip....give me a week with them...
I AN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT THE ZIP

AND A WEEK SOUNDS COOL
ILL TELL YOU WHAT SINCE YOU GOT TO SHIP THEM TWICE...SHIPPING WILL BE 178.00 BOTH WAYS ILL HOOK YOU UP FOR $450.00 PLUS SHIPPING IT WILL COME OUT TO $628.40 LABOR AND SHIPPING

·
Registered
404 Posts
damn thats not bad at all $628.40 LABOR AND SHIPPING
have you tried getting a hold of him since then? or is he not in l.i.l no more?

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Crenshaw's Finest@Aug 18 2006, 07:04 PM~5996918
If you have the Dayton warranty, it will be voided.
Tru! I dont think i have a warranty on mine they old but mint! I wanted to do the dish black, chrome nipples, black spokes, and chrome hubs with chrome 2 prong zeinith style spinners with caddy chips!! :cool:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Originally posted by big caddy@Aug 18 2006, 04:10 PM~5996944
Tru! I dont think i have a warranty on mine  they old but mint! I wanted to do the dish black, chrome nipples, black spokes, and chrome hubs with chrome 2 prong zeinith style spinners with caddy chips!! :cool:

SHIT HOMIE THATS THE SAME COLOR COMBO I WANTED TO DO ON MY 72 SPOKE DAYNAS :angry: O WELL IS ALL GOOD :thumbsup: NOW I JUST HAVE TO GET IN CONTACT WITH FINAL FANTASY TO GET THE WHEELS DONE BEFORE YOU DO :biggrin:

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by 96BIG_BODY@Aug 18 2006, 07:23 PM~5996982
SHIT HOMIE THATS THE SAME COLOR COMBO I WANTED TO DO ON MY 72 SPOKE DAYNAS  :angry: O WELL IS ALL GOOD  :thumbsup: NOW I JUST HAVE TO GET IN CONTACT WITH FINAL FANTASY TO GET THE WHEELS DONE BEFORE YOU DO :biggrin:
No biggie homie , mine are 88's. I love that combo, Oh by the way I have Alberts/final fantacy's cell # close by! LOL! We tight! :biggrin:

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by K-Blaze@Aug 18 2006, 08:11 PM~5997218
Shit you guys are fucking nuts :uh: Get chinas if you wanna powdercote :angry: Daytons for Chrome & Gold ;)
I know its crazy :cool: 13x7 chinas will rub like hell on my lac, I dont want to go 14x6 if i dont have to! :cool:

·
Registered
404 Posts
so whats final fantasy's number to get a hold of him. hey
DIRTYSANCHEZ423 you still think he's got that 630 dollar deal going on

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
i can get it done and have done it many times but heres the problem youwill ruin your wheels. nipples will never line up again, and usually the nipples and spokes will have to be replaced with china parts due to the fact they strip most of the time when u take them apart. i did a set and used zenith stainless steel spokes and zenith nipples but it wasn't cheap and the spokes were nothing like og d's

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
:)

·
Registered
28,033 Posts
Originally posted by big caddy+Aug 17 2006, 05:09 PM~5989075-->
Me neither homie! I need to hit albert up I spoke with him before on this I beileve! I just wanted to know if It can be done the right way with the nipples facing the same way like before! :cool:
[/b]
if they know what they doing it can be done

<!--QuoteBegin-lone star
@Aug 19 2006, 08:34 AM~5999771
SEND THEM TO DAYTON LET THEM DO IT THE DAYTON WAY THATS MY 2 CENTS EITHER THAT OR JUST BUY SOME CHINAS FOR 500
x2

1 - 20 of 28 Posts