LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight ..... on my daily driver I have wires on her and I was wonderin' if I should take off my wires for the winter.......Peeps told me that if u just keep em clean as u can and make sure u wash off the salt from the roads that it will be cool......I live in Kentucky.....hit me back on what I should do wit my daily......

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
the salt will fuckl ure wheels up and they will start to rust...sure if u wash them off right after they will be fine...but think about it, are you really gonna wash your wheels everytime they get salt on them all winter? i know i couldnt, so i just put my stocks back on.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I rolled my Player bolt ons and my gold Daytons through winter many times. I live in VA so it is not too pretty here either. My wheels were fine, but I use to clean my daily atleast 3 times a week.

I NEVER drove my daily in the snow or shit like that, but just normal winter conditions are fine, no extreme shit ;)

WD-40 them things up when you know its gonna rain for days at a time ;)

Last edited by [email protected] at Sep 1 2003, 09:58 PM

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
or just ride b/os for winter

·
Registered
50 Posts
What's the best way to clean wires? Are those wheel cleaners you get in the auto stores better that regular car was soap & water??

LM

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Originally posted by laurentkm2@Sep 2 2003, 07:38 PM
What's the best way to clean wires? Are those wheel cleaners you get in the auto stores better that regular car was soap & water??

LM
i use mequires hot wheels spray. then i take a wheel brush and scrub the dish and all across the spokes and knock off so the dirt and brake dust gets loosened, then i just rinse to a bright shine. Every few weeks i will take the wheel up and do the same to the back side so the spokes are clean all the way around.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I roll mine year 'round. All I can say is bite the bullet and keep 'em clean.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I had some all gold center daytons that I roled all winter. Just make sure you go to the car wash about every other day depending on how much salt gets on them. One thing to warn you is that if your running 155/80 then you will have a lot of fun trying to drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts