LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every day for me is the samething. I drive like a granny so no one hits my car or I don't bottom out and rip my body kit off. But this morning I was so fucking pissed that I took a quick corner. Right after I came off the corner the car was higher on the side i took the corner to then the other. Then I had to drop it and raise it again. Why does this happen? Are the valves letting air back into the tank? This shit just got on my nerves. :angry: Cmon Joe, I know you must have an answear. :biggrin:

·
Registered
74 Posts
The valves are probably letting the air back in the tank because you need I belive 200psi in the tank to keep the valves closed. I had alot of sway in my car around turns on cylinders so I got a upper strut bar, lower and rear tie bars and it took away alot of the sway.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
i took my swaybar out and right now im runnin like 170 and no problems for me with corners but i dont know how fast your talking

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Originally posted by AirRide@Aug 24 2005, 03:41 AM~3681094
Every day for me is the samething. I drive like a granny so no one hits my car or I don't bottom out and rip my body kit off. But this morning I was so fucking pissed that I took a quick corner. Right after I came off the corner the car was higher on the side i took the corner to then the other. Then I had to drop it and raise it again. Why does this happen? Are the valves letting air back into the tank? This shit just got on my nerves. :angry:  Cmon Joe, I know you must have an answear. :biggrin:
taking the title of the topic and THIS into consideration, has me going :ugh: ...

my 66 impala doesnt have a body kit...?..

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by Moco@Aug 24 2005, 12:18 PM~3682992
taking the title of the topic and THIS into consideration, has me going  :ugh: ...

my 66 impala doesnt have a body kit...?..
you know....thats what i was thinking...what lowrider has a body kit

·
Registered
856 Posts
rice rockets are not low riders. their a completely different animal. a very ugly little animal, like a mole.

i know ive taken corners pretty fast in my car, and i know i didnt have 200 psi in the tank.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I Have an Accord with Air cyclinders also. ;)

I wouldn't lower it. I normally raise all corners when doing quick turns.

It happens to me also though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by snko916@Aug 26 2005, 07:28 PM~3699742
I Have an Accord with Air cyclinders also.  ;)

I wouldn't lower it. I normally raise all corners when doing quick turns.

It happens to me also though.
I like to ride at normal height tho. Does it hapen with you when you are riding at normal height?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
the pressure in the cylinders overcame the pressure in the tank and it bled back to the tanks. you need to have more tank psi than bag psi at all times or it will equalize. the only way to solve this is to use manual valves or put a check valve between the tank and valves.

i like to drop the same side that im turning to. say im turning left, slam the left so it like a banked turn.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found it weird. I just started driving this car about a week ago cuz the insurance kills. And the other setup that I did on my old car was ok. No sways oe nothing. But maybe it was because the car was much lighter with no sound system and nitrogen bottle. And the 2000 civic is about 500 pounds heavier than the 93. If my dad was still here I would have gotten a 64 impala and isure it under his name. Oh well. I'm just gonna roll slow :( :tears:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts