LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems like no one wanted to venture into my previous thread so lets try this again...

if i have (2) 12gallon tanks, each tank has a pair of 380's strapped to it... would it be a good idea to have a 12gal. only for the front, and the other 12gallon only for the rear? how would i set that up?, on each tank, i would have 2 compressors, 4 valves, 1 water trap, 2 pressure switches, and 1 guage ???

or is it better to join the tanks and have 24gallons that can go to either the front or back? how would i set that up? same way as above, but this time just joined together?

but then again, only 4 of the valves need to be hooked up to the tank because only 4 fill, the other 4 valves dump right?

some one please tell me where the valves go for the fill and dump (8 total)...
serious help is needed over here, im pass the point of confusing myself...

-qs

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by yodawagon@Sep 21 2005, 08:15 PM~3860175
i would link them together.
so i would connect both tanks with 1/2" (3/4")airline, have a pair of 380's, guage, and water trap on each... i would put 4 valves on one of the tanks, and the other 4 valves go?

what fittings do i use to connect the valves, water trap etc...

the tanks have 8 1/2" ports each...

and do i need to buy 4 check valves for 4 compressors, or is there a way i can only use two with 4 compressors (kinda how in car audio, you can wire TWO subs together and run both to ONE terminal cup)...?

i figured its gonna be hard to get someone on here to help me if i throw everything on here at once, so im just tryna break it up in different pieces to get help, which i need....

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i gotta admit, i expected more from this section of layitlow...i wanna start buying this stuff now ( so that its not one HUGE price at one time) but i just wanna make sure its right... i'll start buying the tanks and valves, i just wanna make sure everythings right...

how about this question, i wanna run a 8 1/2" SMC valves, watertrap, gauge, and inlets for 2 compressors...

are the 1/2" ports (8 on each tank) on the tanks GOOD OR NOT???

should i get a tank with different port sizes ???

you guys are starting to let me down ...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 21 2005, 09:41 PM~3861359
i gotta admit, i expected more from this section of layitlow...i wanna start buying this stuff now ( so that its not one HUGE price at one time) but i just wanna make sure its right... i'll start buying the tanks and valves, i just wanna make sure everythings right...

how about this question, i wanna run a 8 1/2" SMC valves, watertrap, gauge, and inlets for 2 compressors...

are the 1/2" ports (8 on each tank) on the tanks GOOD OR NOT???

should i get a tank with different port sizes ???

you guys are starting to let me down ...
The ports will work perfectly. I don't know of anyone here that has a custom built tank, but I am sure it is possible. You would only need bigger ports if you are going to run bigger valves and bags with bigger ports or else you would only be bottle necking the system.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 21 2005, 10:58 PM~3861459
this is how I like to do them...

damn that looks bare. heres how it was when I sold da bitch

well hell, curtis is juicing this ride as we speak, lol

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright, kool, thanks

my fault for sounding like a lil woman and shit, but its just i forgot a good amount of stuff i was up to beat on at one time, and its just a lil aggrivating...im just tryna do it big the first time so i can move on to the paint section of layitlow (rim section done, car audio section done, air suspension pending ;) )...

im gonna go ahead and get the two 12 gallon tanks and the smc valves...

its it okay, if i connect 4 valves on each tank (how dan got his (two fills two dumps)) and then run a water trap on each, a guage on each, and 2 viar 380's on each?

do i need 4 check valves or is it a way to reduce it to two...

thanks again

-qs

·
Registered
856 Posts
you have to understand that we all get tired of the same questions over, and over, and over,and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over,and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, again.read through all the posts you can find. do some research. air suspension is very basic if you break it down. air goes from here to here, out through here. unless you failed shop class and physics, you should be able to figure it out.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i understand, we get it in the car stereo section too, but i as well as a couple other still drop knowledge though... but i get what your saying...

i understand the transfer of air and all that goodness, but i thought it would make more snese to talk to ppl that have done air suspension and worked with it personally...

and trust me, before i came in here, i tried to google up step by step air suspension manuels, but i didnt find any worth looking at...if there is a link out there that shows you how to wire and connect, by all means, please direct me to it (i dont see how it can be that far off of an idea of one existing, there are tons of them for car audio on how to wire numerous sound systems, thats another reason why i traveled to that side of modifications)...

thank for the insight yoda...

-qs

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nevermind, i took yodas advice, and how about big dan got what i was looking far as far as connecting valves and compressors to tank on his website..

what is that picture of? a valve? a solenoid?

and big dan, do you have a drawing on how to wire the fill valve and the dump valve, or is that what im looking at right now

nevermind :biggrin:
-qs

·
Registered
640 Posts
I guess it would be best to have one big supply of 24 gallons, because you probably won't use the rear as much. And then 12 gallons will just be sitting there most of the time. The picture is of a Noid but I found a relay works ok too.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by HighProCam@Sep 22 2005, 04:16 PM~3865922
I guess it would be best to have one big supply of 24 gallons, because you probably won't use the rear as much.  And then 12 gallons will just be sitting there most of the time.  The picture is of a Noid but I found a relay works ok too.
what does the solenoid and relay do?

if i have 4 compressors, i know i need 4 pressure switches, but do i need 4 solenoids/relays?

and what is a rocker switch?

-qs

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 22 2005, 04:18 PM~3865948
what does the solenoid and relay do?

if i have 4 compressors, i know i need 4 pressure switches, but do i need 4 solenoids/relays?

and what is a rocker switch?

-qs
you can run all 4 compressors off of 1 pressure switch, just use a solenoid like pictured.
run power to one of the big studs, then supply the compressors from the other big stud.
use the switched leg from the pressure switch to fire the coil

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 22 2005, 04:22 PM~3865967
you can run all 4 compressors off of 1 pressure switch, just use a solenoid like pictured. 
run power to one of the big studs, then supply the compressors from the other big stud.
use the switched leg from the pressure switch to fire the coil

im just gonna pretend i know what a coil is :biggrin:

well thats good news about the pressure switch, and the viar 380s have checkvalves already in them so thats done too... i just need one solenoid, to get poppin...

im gonna go look for one right now, will any solenoid do? or do i need a specific one...

is that a rotary solenoid or linear?

-qs

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by HighProCam@Sep 22 2005, 04:53 PM~3866169
tell them you want an old ford truck style noid
okay, and they'll know what im talking about right?
lol i dunno, that just seems a lil weird to ask someone, but will do...

-qs

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
just print out the pic and tell them you want of of whats pictured. theres a few styles that are similar, but they'll all work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts