LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can i get all of it out if i run some fluid thru the pump before i hook it up to the cylinder so that all the shit comes out? cause its a brand new setup.

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
a small bit of that can get stuck in your check valve or dumps and cause the car to dump on it's own... Take the pump out open the tank.. drain the fluid through a screen and you can use the same oil if it's new and golden in color... if not then just put in new oil.. Don't try to pump the debris through your system...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but i never put fulid in, so should i just unscrew all my shit and blow air through it?

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
you can open up the pumps and clean out the debris... much eaiser with out fluid.. ;) sorry I misunderstood you..

·
Registered
563 Posts
the straight fittings ont get teflon pipe dope is better or loctite.just got to let it set up...the tapered ones seal on there own or jic fittings they are called

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by ROCKSOLID84@Jul 27 2005, 01:20 AM
the straight fittings ont get teflon pipe dope is better or loctite.just got to let it set up...the tapered ones seal on there own or jic fittings they are called
[snapback]3488400[/snapback]​
BEN, YOU GOT IT BACKWARDS.....TAPERED=PIPE.....STRAIGHT=JIC OR BOSS THREADS

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by socapots@Jul 27 2005, 03:24 AM
i only used the tape on fittings that were not tapered... i think they seal by makin them tight... anyone  can tell me if thats rightn or wrong.. please
[snapback]3486972[/snapback]​

tapered fittings need tape or sealer.
fitings with a cone on one half and a matching cup on the other shouldnt have any sealer tho you can put some loctite on the thread to stop them coming loose if you want

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I put teflon tape on all my fittings, you cant get near the end of the tapered fittings with it though. My fittings dont leak.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Jul 27 2005, 02:02 AM
BEN, YOU GOT IT BACKWARDS.....TAPERED=PIPE.....STRAIGHT=JIC OR BOSS THREADS
[snapback]3488482[/snapback]​

well shit ok i know just dont tape hose fittings..lol :cool: i was fuckin sleep anyways..lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts