LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be running a chain bridge on a g-body for power three wheel and was wondering how durable telescopic cylinders will be. I've heard of them bending because of the thin diameter walls of the components.

Anybody run em and how durable are they? Who makes the most rigid ones? Feedback please

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
ive got a set from black magic and they look seriously strong the only time i can see them bending is if you 3 wheel too far i worked out we could use 18" of stroke to 3 wheel before the powerball would run out of travel and bind up apart from that they look indestuctable

·
Registered
909 Posts
i also have a set of BMH telescopics.. the smallest cylinder is almost the size of a regular cylinder I believe.

I extend mine fully at 20" for 3 wheels and haven't had a problem yet.

·
Tripple Digit...
3,354 Posts
I'VE ALSO HAD SOME TELESCOPICS FROM BM NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH BENDING AT ALL EIETHER :dunno:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Showtimes got a set 2 chek it out...8007329866 ask 4 Mark. He'll help u out man.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
i heard more bounce had tele cylinders, anybody got tha scoop on these?
Yeah just lookin at em, the smalls part is normal size, but still, i wouldbt be doing potholes with em locked up

·
Registered
909 Posts
started putting in the Showtime Cylinders tonight.. i messed up on the fittings... i thought they were 1/2.. but they're 3/8.. and i ran out of 3/9 to #8 90's so gotta wait to finish them tomorrow.

The BMH are 3/4" port ... and I had 3/4" to #8 90's on those.. the 3/8" port might be a bit slower i guess.

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by SERVING U 2@Aug 12 2005, 02:50 PM~3605524
I'VE ALSO HAD SOME TELESCOPICS FROM BM NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH BENDING AT ALL EIETHER :dunno:
But you forgot to tell them how big they were :0......Her is one of our smaller ones
compared to your Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
dam how big are they i thought mine were big but dammmm

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Aug 30 2005, 02:22 AM~3718458
But you forgot to tell them how big they were :0......Her is one of our smaller ones
compared to your Mike
whats the diameter of the inside casing's shaft on that big one versus the smaller pictured one. The same?

·
Registered
795 Posts
hey got a question never used these i have 18 in the rear but cant use a cover on my bed because of the if i get telescopic will i be able to i think so but u guys r the pros

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by demintedvisions@Sep 12 2005, 02:29 PM~3799156
hey got a question never used these i have 18 in the rear but cant use a cover on my bed because of the if i get telescopic will i be able to i think so but u guys r the pros
YEA...LAY OUT LOWER AND LOCK UP HIGHER..... :biggrin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts