LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay a friend of mine is giving me 2 10 year old CCE pump that he just took off his balzer which is a hopper i want to test it to make sure everything works how do i go about doing this?

Do i do this: take a battery, take a 2 awg wire hook it to the postive post of the battery and then the other end of the wires goes into the Motor prong then add fluid in the tank before i do it right, Is one battery good enuff to spin the motor and spill oil???

How do i connect the holes so it shoot oil or what plumbing whould i have to do i need help guys.......

Also If one Battery is enuff to spin the motor what do i do the neg post of the battery, since its not hooked up i tohught the circuit is incomplete and won't allow anything to work unless ground is hooked up?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
12v should be enough to spin the motor

the metal body of the pump(motor,tank,etc...) is the ground, connect it to the neg side post, just like a car.

as far as plumbing-all you will need to test it is one short hose connected to the pressure side, you don't "need" anything else to just test it. hold the hose in a bucket and hit it.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Get a set of jumper cables and take one end of the ground side and clamp to the pump's block. Take the other end of the ground and hook it to the ground of the battery. Take the positve side of the jumper cables and hook to the bolt on the motor and tap the other side on the postive terminal of the battery. Don't forget to put fluid in the tank first. If the pump is plumbed right then it should shoot oil out of the pump.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool but what about the return port do i need to plug that so oil doesn't spill from that or what???

I THINK THE REASON WHY U SAY TAP THE OTHER END OF THE CABLE TO THE BATTERY POSTIVE POST SO THAT THE PUMP DOESNT SHOOT OIL FAST AND LEAVE THE PUMPHEAD DRY(WHICH IS BAD) IS THAT WHY UR SAYING THAT ??? IS THAT WHY???

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by [email protected]@Oct 26 2003, 04:29 PM
if they just came off his hopper, shouldn't they be working ok, after all you are his friend :uh:
Yea i know, but i want to test it to make sure even thou he said so, i wanna see for myself........

This aren't for use just for back up pumps because i have a hijacker kit that should be here any minute or day lol

Or maybe use it for a 4 pump setup or maybe use it for my next hopper i wanna build who knows :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
You don't have to have the motor spin a lot for it to shoot oil out. Don't worry about plugging the return either it should be fine. I have tested many pumps this way. Like Lowdown said if he is your friend then hopefully he isn't lying to you. It is better to be safe than sorry. As far as you building a hopper, I think you should atleast learn how to do a basic install before you try and do something that big. You have to crawl before you walk little guy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks for the help well i got 2 last question before i delete this post

Um my first one is Is it alright to test the pumps while the batteries are sititng on the sidewalk's concrete??/

and when i'm done testing is it alright to leave fluids in the tank and let it sit there for months or what?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
It is fine to test the pumps with the batts. sitting on concrete. Not sure if its good to leave them there though.
I would leave oil in the tank to keep the inside of the tank from rusting.

Last edited by S10lifted at Oct 26 2003, 05:29 PM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts