LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the law in texas about hydraulics?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
just gonna have to google up texas road laws, or use the vehicle code violation that u were sited for looking it up in texas

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, alright thx

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Originally posted by TrinityGarden@Sep 23 2007, 07:37 PM~8855127

yeah they have to be in a battered old truck and you must shout 'yyeeeaaarrrrghhhh' everytime you hit the switch.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
358 Posts
NO no, you have to "juice" an old pick-up and keep a shotgun in the rack in the window, then NO COPS will hastle you.
I was stopped just north of Hillsboro (40 miles north of Waco) at 2am in my dropped '62 pick-up (rough original paint) with my shotgun in the rack for my license plate light being out and the cop never said a thing about the shotgun (he was alone) but told me that I needed to get the plate light fixed. The second time in 21 years I got stopped in the truck. The other time, I ran a stop sign and the cop smiled and told me to be careful.
Long live the "stay out of jail in your old pick-up" unwritten law. LOL

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I have asked some cops here in my town about hydraulics and they told me that as long as the car is not moving is legal but if the car is moving then yes they can give you a ticket. Also another cop told me that you can hit the switches while moving not too fast as long as all 4 wheels stay on the ground but here cops are realy cool ;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Originally posted by TrinityGarden@Sep 23 2007, 10:37 PM~8855127
I live here in Killeen, TX and I have a 4 pump 10 battery system and I asked the police around here and as long as you are not hitting switches on any public street or hwy you are good...... you can hit switches in any parking lot just as long as you are not destroying private or public property.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
i live in wichita falls,tx and i asked a cop about it and he said just as long as the car is not moving while you hit the switches you will not get a ticket.....and i three wheeled with a cop car right beside me the other day at a red light and he didnt do anything except look in amazment!

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
I pancaked it while sitting beside a cop car because he was in the turning lane. light turned green I rolled off he just sat there.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Originally posted by travieso1967@Oct 9 2007, 06:59 PM~8963964
I live here in Killeen, TX
Hey Travieso....u know Ram-Z?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts