LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
id like to take the time to thank the people who paved the way for me in lowriding
lodirty 64 and shortdogg 62 these two have taugth me everythihg I know
although we havent always seen eye to eye I have always looked up to these guys

thanks

lets here about your rollmodels in lowriding

·
Registered
802 Posts
The guys who paved the way for me were Lifestyle and Imperials. I would go to the store to get the new LRM hoping to see one of their cars inside. But within the last 5 years I would have to say John Kennedy. This guy is genuine! And when he let me look at Southside Player for as long as needed, I realized that this guy was taking the lifestyle to a whole new level. And clubs like Southside and Premier are keeping me motivated today.

By the way, good topic.

·
STILL CRUISING
4,738 Posts
My compadre who is older than me ,used to take me to hollywood when I was 13 in his S-10 Blazer(not my thing as far as cars now) .He was from Neu Exposure back in the 80`s.Then my club president "CITO",& homies mutt,Rod and even fuckin Tweety showed me how to KEEP IT REAL :cool: Now I`m passing on what little I know along with a car to work with to my little bro.

·
Registered
18,128 Posts
Originally posted by 187LUXURY@Jul 23 2005, 03:44 PM
My compadre who is older than me ,used to take me to hollywood when I was 13 in his S-10 Blazer(not my thing as far as cars now)  .He was from Neu Exposure back in the 80`s.Then my club president "CITO",& homies mutt,Rod and even fuckin Tweety showed me how to KEEP IT REAL :cool: Now I`m passing on what little I know along with a car to work with to my little bro.
[snapback]3465362[/snapback]​
:0 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
THESE ARE THE GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN AN EXAMPLE TO ME

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was in my first year of high school on my lunch break and lodirty 64 passed me on the main rode near my school. he was driving a mazda b2000 mini truck with air ride he dumped it out and drug that damn truck all the way down the street.
from that moment on I was hooked! I ran to the gas station were he stopped.we met I asked a million questions and he answerd them all. shortly after that he interduced me to shortdog 62 I soon found out he was the most taliented fabractor ID ever seen ,when the two of them put there heads together anthing was possable

·
Registered
18,128 Posts
Originally posted by slammedwagon91@Jul 23 2005, 04:40 PM
I was in my first year of high school on my lunch break and lodirty 64 passed me on the main rode near my school. he was driving a mazda b2000 mini truck with air ride he dumped it out and drug that damn truck all the way down the street.
from that moment on I was hooked! I ran to the gas station were he stopped.we met I asked a million questions and he answerd them all. shortly after that he interduced me to shortdog 62 I soon found out he was the most taliented fabractor ID ever seen ,when the two of them put there heads together anthing was possable
[snapback]3465601[/snapback]​
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
A GUY NAMED KEVIN FROM KANSAS CITY 1991. THE FIRST TIME I SEEN A CAR WITH 4 PUMPS AND 16 BATT. A BAD ASS 1980 FLEETWOOD COUPE. SILVER WITH SILVER DAYTONS. THEN I KNEW I HAD TO HAVE ONE HAD 4 COUPES SINCE THEN. I DON'T THINK HE REALLY KNEW HOW THIS MOTIVATED ME CAUSE HE WAS A BALLER AT THE TIME AND IT WAS JUST A CAR TO HIM MY COUPES PAST ANYTHING HE COULD EVER IMANGINE. :worship:

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by slammedwagon91@Jul 23 2005, 09:25 PM
id like to take the time to thank the people who paved the way for me in lowriding
lodirty 64 and shortdogg 62 these two have taugth me everythihg I know
although we havent always seen eye to eye I have always looked up to these guys 
  thanks
lets here about your rollmodels in lowriding
[snapback]3465291[/snapback]​
i've met both of them ... and if you learned from their work ...al i can say is damn it man ...

i learned hands on approach with one of my old homies ... still dont know shit about paint .. but i can turn a wrench like its going out of style ..

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
There isnt enough room on here to list all of them.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
hell, i give much thanks and respect to them boys out in CALI. They were the originators and the ones that got me into this lifestyle.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
of corse give props to those cali homies that put lowriding on the map!

but all Im speakin on is personal exp. chuck and tim paved the way for me.

and thats what im looking for in this topic. that one turning point in your life
were you said damn man that who i am

were i live you have to fight the 20'' or better fight all day long
Ill never roll bigger than a 14 for the rest of my life

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
I'd have to say LRM is what sparked my interest in lowriding when I was young. We didnt have any juiced Impalas or Lacs rollin around to ohh and ahh at, so LRM is how it got in my blood. I would roll gold 14's, but didnt know shit bout juice cause nobody around here had any. Hell air didnt hit till a few years ago. Then my cousin bought a cheap kit and put it on his S 10 the best way he knew how at 24v and we thought that was the shit lol. Met my homie Shandon a couple years ago and he the only other person besides me I've ever known in Arkansas to have a real lowrider, so got to thank those two.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Maverick7922@Jul 24 2005, 05:06 PM
I'd have to say LRM is what sparked my interest in lowriding when I was young. We didnt have any juiced Impalas or Lacs rollin around to ohh and ahh at, so LRM is how it got in my blood. I would roll gold 14's, but didnt know shit bout juice cause nobody around here had any. Hell air didnt hit till a few years ago. Then my cousin bought a cheap kit and put it on his S 10 the best way he knew how at 24v and we thought that was the shit lol. Met my homie Shandon a couple years ago and he the only other person besides me I've ever known in Arkansas to have a real lowrider, so got to thank those two.
[snapback]3470158[/snapback]​
but what do you see as a real lowrider, right now my two pump setup is on the floor of my garage but I roll my wagon anyway slamed on spokes and that a real lowrider. lowriding is not about the money but the heart.

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
Originally posted by slammedwagon91@Jul 24 2005, 04:13 PM
but what do you see as a real lowrider,  right now my two pump setup is on the floor of my garage but I roll my wagon anyway slamed on spokes and that a real lowrider.  lowriding is not about the money but the heart.
[snapback]3470200[/snapback]​
Not gonna even get into what a "real" lowrider is homie, everyone got their opinion on that. Never said shit bout money either, I gots plenty heart. ;)

1 - 20 of 103 Posts